PDA

View Full Version : GCI closed due to A/C Emergency

Ranger 1
19th Apr 2009, 11:21
Just heard GCI is closed due to an A/C Emergency any info?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Apr 2009, 14:23
Where's GCI in English please?

eastern wiseguy
19th Apr 2009, 14:25
EGJB.........or Guernsey ..

friendlyskies
19th Apr 2009, 14:56
Tusk tusk HD - fancy not knowing GCI is the center of the universe for some of us. BEA used to fly Viscounts LHR GCI, ah those were the days.

:)

AN2 Driver
19th Apr 2009, 15:07
So any news from the center of the Universe then? :}

sorry, could not resist :)

friendlyskies
19th Apr 2009, 15:33
Nothing that I have heard but then again I am sitting in my shack at Cobo Bay getting tight on some excellent Calvados with chums.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Apr 2009, 15:51
I don't know any three letter codes. ATC people use EGJB. Sorry..

Avman
19th Apr 2009, 16:13
Good enough excuse as an ATCO, but not good enough as a spotter! Any respectible senior spotter knows where GCI is. Angleterre zero points :} ;)

Regards from MST

gci2
19th Apr 2009, 18:54
Haven't seen anything about this on local news, but that's really not surprising - I don't think they work weekends ! Looked at the airport website earlier and there were flights departing.

GunkyTom
20th Apr 2009, 07:30
To GCI 2 -Do you really live in Guernsey? If so, you surely know that the airport is open 7 days a week from 0600 until 2100 or later for exts/amb flts/SAR. Who do you think is there when the 'paper plane' and mail plane lands ? Back on topic, yes it was closed for about half an hour, light a/c had a problem and eventually landed safely,blocking the runway. It will no doubt feature in the press this morning.

gci2
20th Apr 2009, 17:03
Spot on WingoWango....and yes GunkyTom, You have punished me on many occasions.......how do you guys always find the roughest bit of weather to bring the last Aurigny in each time I come back from Gatwick?? Only joking of course, you guys and the pilots do a great job in some very difficult weather conditions....BUT, you have scared the CR*P out of me on more than one occasion!!!Time to extent the runway..then us pax could suffer for longer.

GunkyTom
20th Apr 2009, 17:18
GCI 2 :\ Sorry, I was a bit touchy. I have re read your comments and given myself a severe kicking ! :ouch: Lengthen the runway ? Ahhh pipedreams.