PDA

View Full Version : New AOA email.....Keep calm is the word.

badairsucker
19th Apr 2009, 10:36
To all of you who do not receive email from the AOA.

AOA urging us not to sign anything yet. Details of the AOA response to be out in 2-3 days.

Time for calm guys.

yokebearer
19th Apr 2009, 11:27
If 16000 employees take unpaid leave then so will the other 2000 ( ie us the pilots ) in order not too look like pr!k$. So I will take it to show I care.

However signing away my COS at the same time will not happen.

I am talking mainly to FO/ SO 's here.

If you sign nothing then that will force them to go back to the drawing board and come up with a better proposal.

We knocked back COS 08 last year. Now its up again with marginal improvements. If the rumour about unifying freighter and pax is true and there are no more out of seniority commands that is a substantial improvement.

However if nobody signs anything it will force them to go back again and come up with something better - in the meantime the pressure with court cases over age discrimination and bypass will keep the pressure up and might convince the company to come up with a worthwhile deal.

Sign nothing.

FlyingNun
19th Apr 2009, 11:50
Interesting.... Yokebearer
So, you don't sign, Company says "OK go get another job..."
Then what? What is the AOA anyways? 300 - 400 pilots?

WAKE UP. :ugh:

You will not get another chance. The Credit Crunch has only just started.

God bless.
FN :rolleyes:

blade
19th Apr 2009, 11:58
flyingnun you are an idiot.Dont talk about what you know nothing about!!

Ex Cathedra
19th Apr 2009, 14:30
AOA urging us not to sign anything yet. Details of the AOA response to be out in 2-3 days.

Time for calm guys.

Whatever the Aoa will come up with, I have to hand it to them; they seem to be working their a$$es off these days...