PDA

View Full Version : The real situation regarding pilot recruitments and numbers ??

shanx
19th Apr 2009, 10:05
Hi all,

Media reports as we all know are factually inaccurate when it comes to reporting about jobs, vacancies, expats etc.

I have a request ..

Can currently employed pilots please share some views and info regarding the situation in Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, Indigo, Go Air and other airlines in India regarding the pilot workforce ?

I understand a lot of cadets/trainees have been hired by a few airlines like Indigo, Kingfisher etc .. most of whom have been put on hold for the time being.

I would really appreciate if someone can share accurate figures.
Please list out the airline, fleet and the status of hiring.

For example :

ABC Airways --> B737NG : Captains (Hiring)
First Officers (Trainees already selected and put on hold)
ATR : Hiring, Indians/expats with XX hours total time etc etc
A320 : Captains : Not hiring, Furlough etc

B777 ---> Hiring (Indians/Expats with X no. of hours TT, Y no. of hours on type etc etc.)

If you can provide numbers as well, even better.

This is just so that freshers and aspirants can get a realistic picture of the present rather than whats being printed in news papers and other advertisements.

Appreciate your help and patience !! :):ok:

Shanx

ninja_turtle
19th Apr 2009, 10:40
Jet Airways 737 Trainee Co Pilots = Hired , training stopped , on hold for more than last 6 months , no movement yet , ( no other hiring for F/Os every since ) these guys have been getting stipend ( 35000 PM Net ) and come to fly jump seat once in a while and are hoping training will resume someday .. Obviously All hiring on hold for F/Os to date ..

ATR may be a different story , I dont know .. But havent heard of any hiring ..

birddream
19th Apr 2009, 15:49
previously I have seen that a posted was saying India Ministry of Civil Aviation is encourage to train their young peoples instead of hiring others.

zagno83
19th Apr 2009, 17:38
I keep seeing online a lot of advertising for Captain positon with airindia and airindia express.....
Does that reflect the real situation over there??? are they desperate for typed captains?? sure it looks like.....
My understanding is no expat F-o's anymore but only local talent for the right seat jobs....
Can anybody confirm this??

I was tempted to apply myself for the 737 ng job, can anybody give me some more info's??

Thanx a lot.:ok:

spedfast
19th Apr 2009, 18:19
Yes, AIX is definately hiring captains for the 737.
15 new expats being put on line this week and next.

zagno83
19th Apr 2009, 19:42
Thanx Speedfast.....
Do You know the requirement to be competitive??
they told me 737ng type and at least 100hrs, even simulator time counts....

Thanx a lot.:ok:

ninja_turtle
20th Apr 2009, 16:19
Call it poor management or whatever but I say why ask if you are going to sit and doubt here on first hand info ..

I can understand your situation but you are expecting to hear only what you want to hear ..

Good Luck Mate ..