PDA

View Full Version : Asdvise please

Fladbrokeandbusted
19th Apr 2009, 10:33
Hi everyone

As grim as the times may be I have ended up with two good job offers. Which is truely great. both on same type A/C

One job pays a hell lot better than the other but is somewhat far away. the other is close to home but pay is not good for the next many years. Now I have a bit of depth from my earlier years which I can get rid of fairly quickly if choose to go with the well payed job. But then I have to turn down the job close to home. What would you choose when considering life terms in the long run??

Looking forward to hear your input.

Thanx

Snifferdog
19th Apr 2009, 11:04
If you go far away will the cost of coming home for a vacation outweigh the cost of stay closer to home...If so stay at home! (or not :confused:)

Rainboe
19th Apr 2009, 11:10
Is staying at home so marvellous? Will the taxman really enjoy you staying at home? Would it be good for you to spread your wings and see the world a bit and live somewhere else? If you stay home, would you be always thinking 'what if......' You are probably young and adventurous- what is so wrong with spreading your wings and flying away. A job has come up at home- it will again.

bnt
19th Apr 2009, 11:28
I suppose it depends on what you have at home e.g. is there a family that has to stay put, or would you be moving everything? If it was me, I would go, because I'm a "wherever I lay my hat" guy, no family to keep me in a particular place.

Storminnorm
19th Apr 2009, 11:38
It is said that travel broadens the mind.
In my experience, the only thing that
travel broadens is the backside.
Unless you get "Economy" seats.