PDA

View Full Version : QF A330s to MNL??

MyerFlyer
19th Apr 2009, 07:09
Hi all,

Some of you may know that atm QF have a few spare A333s that have been removed from Intl flying and are operating domestic routes due to the current economic situation.

Anyway... I have heard that A333s will be replacing B763s on the MNL services later this year. Anyone heard anything similar?

Cheers

Wingspar
19th Apr 2009, 09:12
That's been a rumour for some time, the date just keeps rolling.
They'll go to A330 at some point just like HNL will but when is the question.
I doubt there is much yield and QF just don't want to put the premium(expensive) aircraft on those routes.

Eastwest Loco
19th Apr 2009, 10:48
332s and 333s are currently running the SYD CGK run in place of 763's.

I cannot imagine Jakarta yield would be higher than MNL and both attract the same sort of business VFR mix with very little tourist traffic compared to other Asian destinations.

I would consider a parked A330 would be lower in DOCs than a 763, but do stand to be corrected.

Best all

EWL

OLD DINOSAUR
19th Apr 2009, 11:28
There is about 10 months of nose to tail A330 heavy maintenance checks about to commence in MNL (not good for the economy or QF engineering staff due to the 3 amigos in BNE)
Maybe they are going to try and save some fuel and integrate them into the schedule.

cheers

Nunc
19th Apr 2009, 12:57
Sorry guys but 767's to MNL until next March. Better luck next year.:ok:

Razor
23rd Apr 2009, 08:08
Cafe Havana and La Cafe - Bring 'em on!

blackguard
23rd Apr 2009, 09:02
God be praised if everQF sends the Airbus to Hawaii.The 767 is a great aircraft but it desperately needs a refit(i know that wont happen)The look on the punters faces when they realize there are no bells and whistles.Lots of families now fly to HNL and most of the rug rats are too short ot see the movie screens.