PDA

View Full Version : Why should we?

Doublehit
19th Apr 2009, 01:25
So what I want to know is this, why should the s/o who struggles to make ends meet with his family and children like me, whom has been denied his right to BPP, through the recruitment of a DEFO take unpaid leave and put himself into debt to save the job of the DEFO who took his (my) base and position in the first place?

I don't think so, it is easy furlough those that need to go. Don't hit the loyal employees for a third time.

If its good enough for other airlines its good enough for CX, why do they think they can try and pull the moral high ground now? Why are the loyal to the employees who only just walked in the door at the expense of those that have been here for a few years. Furlough them and hopefully it goes back as far as those ex oasis employees who never wanted to work at CX in the first place. CX gave them jobs to "help them" now they need to help back by accepting the furlough.

Thats it for me.......... Stay on Cos99 and no to SLS!!

Rook
19th Apr 2009, 02:02
There are DESO's and cadets that will be affected as well, not just those DEFOs and DEC's that affected you. Not saying we should take sls, just thought I'd point out that it's not as morally simple as you make it seem.

PEETEESIX
19th Apr 2009, 10:58
I can't afford to take SLS. If I had the money, up my sleve, I wouldn't think twice to help save jobs. Redundancies will hurt the company as much as the person being made redundant. However six months pay would go a long way to another job or even career choice. Something to think about....maybe

Doublehit
20th Apr 2009, 00:23
It is a sad fact that some DESO and Cadets will be effected as well if redundencies were to take place put unfortunately that is the risk you sign on for in a seniority based (loosely in CX) system. As sad as it is I have to say that I would rather see a colleague lose there job than my family suffer from losing income. Before you all jump up and down, this is also one of the things that I would accept if I was at the bottom of the list.