View Full Version : Favourite Airport UK and Ireland

Deep Stall
18th Mar 2001, 04:13
A curiosity question really, Im just wondering what your favouroite airport is. I've flown quite a bit throughout the UK and Ireland in the last year and after much deliberaton I think my favourite is probably EGPH - always a pleasure to fly into and out, controllers excellent, tower friendly and excellent opportunities of a visual approach at times onto 24. All in all an excellent airport.

ps: EGBB a close second!!! For aforementioned reasons!!!

RupertD
18th Mar 2001, 05:22
Good question...

From my limited experience, I would say that Norwich is possibly the worst...

I went there on my Qualifying X-country and they were evil to me and just didn't have time, I mean they had so much to do what with that KLM UK ATR-72 parked on the apron all switched off...

Nicest, well, Exeter is nice but I spose if you're based there it is. Fenland does it for me. They are a really nice bunch of people and do blinding cooked breakfasts.

------------------
----------------------
DJ @ 87.7 Xpression FM
Pilot @ Exeter Airport...

SFly
19th Mar 2001, 01:02
As a pilot:
Well most of the Scottish ones are good . . . Deep Stall yes, Edinburgh is very nice . . . and I quite like Humberside (of all places!)

As a passenger:
Manchester, no doubt. Friendly, clean, convenient, etc.

Opinions only . . . I don't want any lip from anybody! :rolleyes:

Tom the Tenor
19th Mar 2001, 22:36
What about Cork Airport, small airport, big heart!

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!

passepartout
24th Mar 2001, 06:22
There are tears in my eyes as I write this reply..As a PH controller, I thank you guys for your comments...We are often slagged for our bad infrastructure and can only watch in envy as our fellow brethren at EGLL et al get all the plaudits!
Let me assure you that everybody I work with ,does try their best against increasing odds to give you guys the best service.(Controllers doing anything slightly wrong are abused by their colleagues horrendousley,though please feel able to add to the abuse if you feel your comment is justified!).
If any of you guys/gals wanna come for a visit just give us a call (minimum entry fee 2 cans Heineken)