PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain

Jack57
18th Apr 2009, 12:47
Can someone tell me what he means when he says...." younger offices and so an F/O or S/O on CoS 99 who wishes to sign across to CoS 08 will have the option of doing so without having to apply for SLS"

It's not in my contract to sign for SLS so how is it that I have to make a choice??

I can stay on COS 99 and still not take SLS no ????

and

sorry whats that??? - take a paycut for 65 going thru as well as another 10 years - $%&^ - where do I sign???

Loopdeloop
18th Apr 2009, 12:52
Correct. SLS is "voluntary" for all F/Os and S/Os whether you sign over or not. However, not taking SLS will be seen as not wishing to help out the company and you can expect to be treated accordingly.

bobrun
18th Apr 2009, 12:57
However, not taking SLS will be seen as not wishing to help out the company and you can expect to be treated accordingly.
Are you implying that you will be better treated if you take SLS?? Over 90% took unpaid leave during SARS, and everyone still got treated with breach of contracts afterward. What makes you think it will make a difference?

Loopdeloop
18th Apr 2009, 13:21
You'll get contract abuse whether you apply for it or not - it will make no difference to this, but there are a few other facets of your life as a non-captain that will probably be affected.

ALPHA FLOOR
18th Apr 2009, 17:03
Correct. Like not being Cat A first time around for command or making it through to 3 bar only to find you have LB of DH for your check (show stopper).

AFL