PDA

View Full Version : Have you flown over World's Largest Artwork?

rigzy
3rd Feb 2002, 23:17
The World's Largest Work of Art, Ando's Eldee Man, is etched into the earth of the Mundi Mundi Plain in outback Australia and I know some pilots were looking for it. I am curious if you can see it and at what altitude and what flight path? I know some Cathay pilots were looking for it but I don't know if they saw it.

If you have seen it can you respond here or e-mail me [email protected] or can you take a look next time you are flying over the area! Thanks. The coordinates are listed below.

The image is that of a stockman (cowboy) and he covers over 4 million square metres-- his smile is as wide as the Empire State Building (or CN Tower)is high.

The image, Eldee Man,is distorted on the website as the photo was only taken from 3000 feet.... .<a href="http://www.andoart.com" target="_blank">web page</a>

. .Ando's Eldee Man is located just outside of Broken Hill, NSW, Australia.. .I hope I am giving you the coordinates right(approximate corners of the frame): . .31 degrees south 41.08 141 degrees east 13.74

31 degrees south 41.17 141 degrees east 15.06

31 degrees south 40.11 141 degrees east 13.83

31 degrees south 40.21 141 degrees east 15.16