PDA

View Full Version : No NO NO NO NO

yokebearer
18th Apr 2009, 05:05
Total and utter sellout by the Union with ZERO advantage or compensation for anyone who does not hold a command.

How about NO more DEFO, DEC. How about NO more commands out of seniority on the freighter etc etc ??

bobrun
18th Apr 2009, 05:17
Summary:

1- A scale get RA65 on B scale at no cost
2- Frt Cn get a payrise and RA65....all gains
3- B scale pax Cn get RA 65 at no cost
4- F/Os have to "pay" a huge amount to get RA65 by giving away bypass pay, having their career delayed AND TAKE A PAY CUT IF ON A BASE!!

Really???

Almost forgot, they also want all F/Os and S/Os to participate in the SLS as well!! How much more can the junior guys give I wonder.:confused:

CharlieX-ray
18th Apr 2009, 06:31
Yes bobrun

That is the way I see it too. Lets screw the FO/SO's. After all this whole financial crisis is their fault.

But hey, don't worry, we will look after the Capt's.

junior_man
18th Apr 2009, 07:35
so we can take a paycut, wait longer to upgrade and give up 2 weeks of leave a year, but we can stay an extra 10 years?

Rice power
18th Apr 2009, 07:51
Where does it say b scale for frtr captains?
Fact is it doesn't !
What it does say is all new commands will be B scale. No more commands out of seniority!
You guys are morons

Loopdeloop
18th Apr 2009, 08:08
Rice Power, what it says is:
"most notably the unification of Command Pay for Passenger and Freighter aircraft on the current B Scale"
I'm pretty sure there'll be more to it than that as CX seldom simply give away money unless they need to, but that's what the update says.

arse
18th Apr 2009, 08:11
Understandably we are all on edge.

Regarding COS08: Why don't we wait patiently until we see what the AOA puts out? Apart from the DFO saying so; I haven't heard whether the HKAOA is going to recommend this. As of right now, nobody has all the information.

If you are not in the union, what a great time to join!

volarecantare
18th Apr 2009, 12:58
They are not giving away money!
They are maximizing their man power which will avoid for example a diverted pax flight having to hotel 400 pax while umpteen frt crew are in the same hotel and they are unable to use them... its called business.

Dragon69
18th Apr 2009, 13:09
They are not giving away money!
They are maximizing their man power which will avoid for example a diverted pax flight having to hotel 400 pax while umpteen frt crew are in the same hotel and they are unable to use them... its called business

That's not called business it's called mismanagement and inept planning!

volarecantare
18th Apr 2009, 13:25
Sorry Dragon, since when have diversions been planned? Facts stand.

Azamat Bagatov
18th Apr 2009, 13:35
A certain :mad: wrote :

" We are a company that prizes loyalty, and I believe our record shows that we recognise and reward loyalty...... "

Now seriously, do they REALLY believe this ??? I mean, WTF ?!!! :ugh:

Ladies & Gents - we are being screwed over, make no mistake - we are in the hands of very cunning, deceitful, immoral criminals.

I have NO respect for a person who lies, cheats, mistreats ANYONE. So, TT and others, HOW can you even have the balls to write that this company prizes loyalty ???

From the very top of constant attempted changing of conditions, leading down to the manipulation and threats for 'better performance' whilst destroying pilots' careers with Star Chamber style tactics.. (only to name but 2 mere examples) and you, without any shame, whip out the 'loyalty' word ?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dragon69
18th Apr 2009, 13:50
Yeeeaaah okay volare, that's what they said (it's business) when they started ASL (frtr only crew on lower CoS) 13 years ago. It failed miserably! Fact stands, complete inept management!

volarecantare
18th Apr 2009, 16:59
I hear you Dragon, the problem is that regardless of all our positioning and our posturing, what can be done? Things are moving to a place now where each individual is been forced to make a decision, is that a good or bad thing? I suppose it depends on ones personal position. When the decision offered does not suit someone they clammer for unity and union but then if those same individuals find themselves getting an offer that suits them they will jump at it. Here however we are been asked to take unpaid leave, this may help avoid other measures which could finish the careers of our junior colleagues. That is the only decision we have control over right now. Thats the facts. If you or I were instead in Management roles rather than our chosen careers Im sure we would be listening to different rational for various actions. Thats life.

The sickening thing here is that for whatever reason and no I don't accept it is all down to mgmt, we find ourselves in such a them and us position.

I personally find Managements "leadership" skills vile in many ways but I refuse to become like them or as bad as them.

Their day will come though, now doubt, as it has across the waters for so many such managers. However in the meantime we need to behave like the professionals we are supposed to be.

To those few who find themselves with the winning lottery ticket right now, well fair play to them all, wish it had been me 20 years ago. I wish no bad on them the ticket could have turned anyway.

M89speedtouch
19th Apr 2009, 04:53
CX management and loyalty? Have you ever tried to get oil and water to mix? My guts hurt from laughing. :ouch:I need some paid sick leave.