PDA

View Full Version : An observation question.

Rwy in Sight
17th Apr 2009, 14:56
I have a question that I hope it would maintain the series of good questions appearing recently in the JB. Here it is:

What do you first look at a member of the opposite sex? When one man/woman works toward you what do you look at?

Looking forward to hear your answers this lovely Friday afternoon.

Rwy in Sight

GroundedSLF
17th Apr 2009, 15:03
The eyes - got to be, clear, with a little hint of sparkle - gets me every time!

CityofFlight
17th Apr 2009, 15:33
Eyes and smile...the two are equally important.

Len Ganley
17th Apr 2009, 15:36
The eyes have it.

mona lot
17th Apr 2009, 15:38
woman works toward you what do you look at?

Certainly not the eyes or teath:E

OFSO
17th Apr 2009, 15:40
Car and Bank Account

603DX
17th Apr 2009, 15:49
Eyes, smile and nose ....... over the full range of nasal protrusions from the cute little turned-up snub of the "Doris Day" model, to the full-blooded flaring nostrils of the hot "Sophia Loren" example. Could this make one a rhinophiliac?

Wholigan
17th Apr 2009, 15:52
Eyes then hands.

mona lot
17th Apr 2009, 15:52
I look at how someone is dressed, you can tell so much about someone from how they are dressed:ok:

GroundedSLF
17th Apr 2009, 16:05
Mona Lot - thats me knackerd then!

MagnusP
17th Apr 2009, 16:08
EYES! Eyes! Always the eyes. Then if she's checking you out, too, then scan the rest. :E

Rollingthunder
17th Apr 2009, 16:08
The eyes, the face, the hair........after I get past the boobs.

P.S. I think most of the above are lying.

lomapaseo
17th Apr 2009, 16:14
Have the boobs reached belly button level or not

MagnusP
17th Apr 2009, 16:18
Rollingthunder: Not consciously. I'll usually have a peripheral awareness of the whole package, so detailed study can wait. The first focus is on eyes - at least that way you're less likely to get caught staring at the boobs! :E

mona lot
17th Apr 2009, 16:29
at least that way you're less likely to get caught staring at the boobs!

That's why sunglasses were invented:ugh:

Did you know whenever you see a new "object" you instinctively decide within a millisecond,

a) is it a threat?
b) can I eat it?
c) can I ***k it?

grizzled
17th Apr 2009, 20:44
Mona Lot

Let me guess . . . .
You're a lawyer.

:p

C130 Techie
17th Apr 2009, 20:54
A pulse :E

In close company definately the eyes.

Too Short
17th Apr 2009, 22:57
The smile, for sure. Then the eyes. Prolonged eye contact is a winner. Also the way a guy carries himself is something I check out.

Foxy Loxy
17th Apr 2009, 23:41
Face (and smile!) then a general check of the body. Though if the first is right, the second can be disregarded.

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2009, 00:02
An intelligent sense of humour is the most attractive trait for me so, I suppose on first meeting, the eyes and smile should show intelligence and humour :ok:

From a purely physically point of view, I find arms with raised veins quite attractive. :}

Cheers

Whirls

but no beards thanks.

con-pilot
18th Apr 2009, 00:41
Believe it or not, the hair. No real preference on the color of the hair, but I always notice a woman's hair first.

Then I work my way down, sometimes pausing at a certain area. ;)

However, the mind of the woman is very important, really, I'm not kidding.

airfoilmod
18th Apr 2009, 00:51
The Halo, definitely.

bnt
18th Apr 2009, 00:52
I wrote a longer post, but maybe it's better if I keep it short:
- I hate smoking, and turn away from anyone with a cigarette in their hand. It's just one of many "fashion victim" things that turn me off, like piercings or tattoos. (WTF is the "tramp stamp" about? )

In general, I like to see the self-assurance to be whoever you are, without the need for "high maintenance". I don't expect perfection, since perfection is unreal. I wasn't in to Barbie dolls as a boy, and still don't get why anyone wants to look like a piece of polyvinyl chloride. :hmm:

Howard Hughes
18th Apr 2009, 00:56
Eyes and smile...the two are equally important.
I'm with you CofF!:ok:

Although laughing is also important...:}

CityofFlight
18th Apr 2009, 00:58
HH... as usual, we're on the same page. A man who can make me laugh becomes a mental turn on after the eyes and smile have gotten my attention. :ok: ;)

parabellum
18th Apr 2009, 01:37
A brief look at the face and if in the 'acceptable' range then legs and bum.

A more detailed examination of eyes, humour, intelligence etc. once conversation has been established.

V2-OMG!
18th Apr 2009, 02:08
Oooooh, to feel that cool hard skin, hear that throaty growl, lust after those clean masculine lines......nothing makes me weaker at the knees than a beautifully restored airplane.

I hardly even notice who is flying them. Doesn't matter if he looks like George Clooney or Quasimodo - I nary give them a glance anymore.

Maybe airplanes have made me asexual...or sumthin'?

CityofFlight
18th Apr 2009, 02:15
Starting a thread drift, eh, V2? :8

kiwi chick
18th Apr 2009, 02:19
:D

I'm with Wholi and Whirls on this.

Eyes, most definitely eyes first. Then hands. Then forearms.

Got to be that physical attraction, but past that, he has to make me laugh.

Don't ask for much, do I? :}

(WTF is the "tramp stamp" about? )
I'm not a tramp, and I certainly don't consider my beautifully drawn aircraft a "stamp".

con-pilot
18th Apr 2009, 03:43
Sorry, old school, tattoos is a big turn off.

Hate them.

On men or women.

There is nothing more ugly than a fat old woman with faded tattoos on her arms and legs.

(Or on other parts of their bodies, but there is no way in hell I'm going look.)

kiwi chick
18th Apr 2009, 03:51
nothing more ugly than a fat old woman with faded tattoos on her arms and legs.

Agreed. But I'm neither fat or old. ;)

Yet. :E

Howard Hughes
18th Apr 2009, 05:02
Well you certainly ain't fat KC, as for old...:E

vonbag
18th Apr 2009, 09:39
[...]
What do you first look at a member of the opposite sex? When one man/woman works toward you what do you look at?
[...]

The legs! The legs and the feet! Whilst looking there, for a couple of seconds, the position of my head is often understood as a form of salutation. Then, when at close range, all the rest gets attention.
So, for me, it depends on what she's wearing.

M.Mouse
18th Apr 2009, 10:44
Saw a very entertaining 'documentary' the other week about humans and nakedness. Group of eight individuals in a house for the weekend. Four had to strip, individually, and alone in a room in front of a mirror. They didn't know the mirror was one way and that another individual from the group was watching. The four 'strippers' had to remain naked for the rest of the day.

In further 'experiments' the naked had to individually stand in front of a man and a woman who were seated and clothed but wearing a device which followed eye movement. Apart from one chap who resolutely forced himself to focus on the head alone it transpired that sub-consciously we look at the same areas of a human body, clothed or otherwise, to assess that human.

My point being that what we are talking about in this thread is secondary looking after what we automatically and sub-consciously primarily look at.

M.Mouse
18th Apr 2009, 10:51
(WTF is the "tramp stamp" about? )
I'm not a tramp, and I certainly don't consider my beautifully drawn aircraft a "stamp".

No doubt but, rightly or wrongly, in many eyes a tattoo says negative things.

Too Short
18th Apr 2009, 11:07
M.Mouse I saw that documentary too. It was interesting to see that in many cases the eyes were predominantly drawn in a triangle from the naked person's eyes, down to the hips, across the hips and back up to the eyes, with other cursory glances elsewhere (e.g. the nether regions, breasts etc.). Interesting fact that besides the obvious, our brains check out hip movement to assess whether a person is male or female, which is particularly useful when observing a person from behind (when you can't see obvious attributes to decipher gender).

frostbite
18th Apr 2009, 12:56
Not only tattoos, always scan for 'body jewellery'. If either are visible, or subsequently discovered - goodbye.

lomapaseo
18th Apr 2009, 14:30
..... or subsequently discovered - goodbye

discovered:confused:

I've heard of shanghi surprise but what would you call this?

a junkyard dog?

kiwi chick
18th Apr 2009, 15:31
says negative things.

Do elaborate??

BlueDiamond
18th Apr 2009, 15:46
... things that turn me off, like piercings or tattoos.
Not only tattoos, always scan for 'body jewellery'.
Now ... if I were to ask how you both felt about earrings, would you start doing the back-pedalling thing and saying, "Oh, well, I don't mean ........" ?? Earrings are piercings and they are body jewellery, being firmly attached to the wearer via holes through the skin. (Unless they're clip-ons, of course.) If you approve of those, what is the difference for you? Sheer weight of numbers? Does that make those piercings acceptable? What about Indian women with nose jewellery? What about any woman with a jewel in her nose? They're all piercings and I don't think you can really say that "this is okay but that is not ..."

It's just not logical. :E

Seldomfitforpurpose
18th Apr 2009, 17:05
I am firmly with Whirls on this one, beards or any sort of facial hair on women is a huge turn off for me :eek:

vonbag
18th Apr 2009, 17:18
"donna barbuta, sempre piaciuta" :

http://www.terninrete.it/headlines_articoli/HL_PRD_149028/immagini/donna-barbuta.jpg

(~ "bearded women are always liked" ....
bah, it's just a matter of taste :})

V2-OMG!
18th Apr 2009, 17:40
Starting a thread drift, eh, V2?

Okay. I don't always think about the airplanes.

I am attracted to a man who can botox the frown lines (without an injection) while deepening the laugh lines.

That's it.

frostbite
18th Apr 2009, 17:46
It's just not logical.

I never said there were any exceptions! However, since you mention it, mint flavoured earrings are quite nice. Forget those others though.

Rightbase
18th Apr 2009, 18:22
It doesn't need to be logical. It's about what we like, not why we like it.

larssnowpharter
18th Apr 2009, 19:26
I am firmly with Whirls on this one, beards or any sort of facial hair on women is a huge turn off for me

One would second this emotion and go a step further but fears that yer mods might :mad:

M.Mouse
18th Apr 2009, 23:31
Do elaborate??

Seems obvious to me but around 99% of women I have observed or met and have tattoos have been chavs. Therefore I make assumptions based upon my experience about a woman with tattoos. For that reason, if I were a woman, I would never dream of having a tattoo. Apart from the fact I think they look hideous as well.

Its a free world and as long as the wearer thinks they look cool then fine by me but it won't stop me immediately viewing that person in a negative light until shown otherwise.

hellsbrink
18th Apr 2009, 23:38
Bring this back on track

I always make eye contact, unless she is walking away from me.

Then I look at "tail". And it can be such a pleasurable sight......

kiwi chick
19th Apr 2009, 05:44
Kinda back on track, but lets picture this scenario and see how much debate we can cause: ;)

tattoos..... or subsequently discovered - goodbye

So, you and I meet up for a first date (perhaps our friends are matchmaking?) and it goes fabulously. We have lots in common, see eye-to-eye about everything, and spend most of the night laughing.

We decided to meet again, and have subsequent date. This goes even BETTER than the first and as well as personalities, there's a great physical attraction too.

We end up seeing each other several times over the next two weeks, and on, lets say... Date No 10 (cause I'm not a skank ;)) we decided to take it to the "next level".

We go back to your place ('cause I live on an Air Force base and it would be a little awkward :=) and we have a mind-blowing night of the best sex ever. I make you keep the lights off because I'm a little conscious about my post-baby body.

The next morning, maybe after spooning for several hours and find we're a perfect fit, I get up to have a shower. When I take my towel off, you are walking past the door and have a wee peek - only to discover my small mustang tattoo on the small of my back...

What do you do??? :ok:

Rollingthunder
19th Apr 2009, 06:14
Well, Hi Ho Silver.

http://www.zhippo.com/MilkMadeArtHOSTED/images/gallery/mustang-tattoo-M.jpg

What do you want for brekkies?

kiwi chick
19th Apr 2009, 07:15
:D :ok: (although my mustang is not quite that wild! ;) )

Wod
19th Apr 2009, 08:33
Great and totally appropriate JB thread. :ok:

I'm definitely a boob focussed male, unless she's walking in front of me, in which case, the bum.

(In my younger days, a well proportioned bum, being flaunted down the street in full knowledge that the boys were watching, was tastefully described as two rabbits fighting in a pillow case).

But I don't fully understand the beard aversion. Obviously a turn-off for some, a matter of indifference to others, and an attraction to some. I've had three beards, for varying periods of time. I don't believe their presence or absence were important to any of my female friends. My wife and one of her girlfriends once shaved one of my beards off "You've had it long enough", and subsequently said "If you want to grow another in a year or so, go ahead", so I did. That one came off when one of my loving sons said " Lovely beard Dad; just like Santa" (Yeah I know thread drift).

Vive la différence.

G-ALAN
19th Apr 2009, 10:31
Another leggy/bum man here! Although the face gets a quick check also then back to the legs.

Nothing wrong with a tattoos or piercings on a woman depending on where they are. I love pierced ears and pierced bellybutton is also a turn on. Tattoos are good if they're on the ankle, small of the back or behind the shoulder although I would draw the line at skull and cross bone tattoos on her fore arms and love hate across her fists :ouch:

our brains check out hip movement to assess whether a person is male or female
What about she-males? :}

M.Mouse
19th Apr 2009, 11:06
What do you do???

Well if the chemistry was right then you would have been the exception which proves the rule. It would be one of the minus points against, in your scenario, the overwhelming plus points.

I doubt it would have been like that though because I am a slut and would never wait 10 dates.

RJM
19th Apr 2009, 11:45
I presume you mean veins raised by excessive fitness rather than by other less wholesome activities, Whirls!

Whirlygig
19th Apr 2009, 11:46
other less wholesome activities,
Has to be both arms :} :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

RJM
19th Apr 2009, 11:49
Ambidextrous junkies... Interesting, Ms Whirligig.

What other attributes do you look for in your ideal mate?

bnt
19th Apr 2009, 11:51
As I understand it, the "tramp stamp" name (which I did not invent BTW) refers mainly to the location of the tattoo (the lower back) and not the style of the tattoo. Maybe yours has an interesting and personally meaningful design, but the "tramp stamps" I see do not, just something pointlessly elaborate that catches the eye. Putting a tattoo there seems to serve no other purpose than "look at my bum!", since the wearer of the tattoo can't even see it, without a mirror or camera.

So, though I know there are exceptions, and you may be one of them: if you get a tattoo where the design has no meaning to you, in a place where you can't see it... just who is it for? It really looks to me like a case of "everyone else is doing it" i.e. fashion victim.

"Hey, folks, I'm a Mac user! Lookit me!"
http://www.devtopics.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/appletrampstamp.jpg

Could be worse... could be a Windows user:
http://www.devtopics.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bluescreenofdeath.jpg

Images from Computer Geek Tattoos (http://www.devtopics.com/computer-geek-tattoos/)

kiwi chick
19th Apr 2009, 12:14
draw the line at skull and cross bone tattoos on her fore arms and love hate across her fists

Haha, coffee all over my monitor! :D

Unfortunately for me (for want of better words?) I got mine years ago, before the "tramp stamp" became the in-thing to do.

I might point out here that I totally agree with you for 95% of cases! There's now way in hell my girls are getting them... ;)

M.Mouse, thats funny! And disturbing... :E

As for facial hair? Usually a huge turn-off, never liked it and never seemed to be able to get past it.

But.... my boy didn't shave for 10 days over Xmas (cause here in the AF they have to shave every single day) and boy did he look hot! Like Ryan Gosling from "The Notebook"...

(Whirls, you get me, don't you?! ;))

Whirlygig
19th Apr 2009, 13:08
Unfortunately Kiwi Chick, I first read that as "Ray Gosling" (showing my age there) but yes, I am with you there.

IF a chap sports a beard, it has to be neatly trimmed and not growing half way up the face toward the eyebrows. :} But unless a chap's facial hair is very soft, it can produce quite a nasty rash on ones more delicate places.

Cheers

Whirls

OFSO
19th Apr 2009, 15:31
it can produce quite a nasty rash on ones more delicate places says Whirlygig.....

...... sounds a fishy story to me

(coat and hat)

vonbag
19th Apr 2009, 18:17
My wife strongly dislikes when I let grow a beard. I don't feel comfortable with it either... but laziness helps it coming back at lengths (during winter, especially).

OFSO - ;-)
This may not be pertinent, but I recall my late father referring to something on that very same line.

OFSO
19th Apr 2009, 18:53
I agree, it may not be pertinant and no longer true, because while standing in line to buy tickets for a Charity Walk today (Girona Cancer League if anyone is interested) I noticed, before looking at any other part of her, that the young lady ahead of me in the queue had the best bottom I've ever seen on anyone in my life. And had she inadvertently stepped back a few feet*, she'd have realised how appreciative I was.

* A blatant exaggeration. But she was amazingly beautiful, at least from behind.

So to answer the thread, probably, buttocks, not banks....

vonbag
19th Apr 2009, 19:36
When I wrote:

This may not be pertinent, but I recall my late father referring to something on that very same line.

The pertinence question was only centered on my unfolding message, not on yours, which I reputed enjoyably... indiscrete. ;-)

At first sight, we obviously like to observe different things.
Where would be the fun, on the other hand, if we all had the same "spots under observation".

Best, Paolo

goudie
19th Apr 2009, 19:57
The eyes, gateway to the soul. When eyes meet..........you know!

frostbite
19th Apr 2009, 20:50
You've met one with a soul?!

vonbag
19th Apr 2009, 21:13
Eye's expression, plastic configurations, soul, smells, superstitions are opinions, in my opinion (regarding humans).
The elegance of well configured legs ondulating in such an harmonious combination of steps whilst progressing to you is undeniable. ;-=) (this my favorite moustache smiley, I had it like that, once).

OFSO
19th Apr 2009, 21:45
Right vonbag, I'm just off to build a time machine, nothing fancy, 24 hours previous will do, pop back and photograph this lovely lady I saw, that's if my hands will shop staking, er, I mean.......

Where's me soldering iron ?

Then you'll see !

Burnt Fishtrousers
21st Apr 2009, 14:05
I used to know a girl who had a tattoo of the Mona Lisa just above her bottom.. and when she sat down that enigmatic smile became a broad grin.:eek:

Pinky the pilot
21st Apr 2009, 14:17
The eyes have it.

Then the hair. But laughter lines always get me!:ok:

The SSK
21st Apr 2009, 14:46
The mouth

I’m with Steinbeck’s Doc Ricketts – “if the lips are thin – where can there be any fullness?”

MagnusP
21st Apr 2009, 15:07
Mona lot wrote:
Did you know whenever you see a new "object" you instinctively decide within a millisecond,

a) is it a threat?
b) can I eat it?
c) can I ***k it?

Can I choose two? ;)

youngskywalker
21st Apr 2009, 16:02
I rather suspect that a,b and c are equally valid!

OFSO
21st Apr 2009, 16:07
Well, youngskywalker,

I rather suspect that a,b and c are equally valid!

may well be true, but if you attempt to do (b) and (c) at the same time you might subsequently need to call on the services of a good chiropractor to reshape your pretzel-like form into some semblance of liniarity again....

ShyTorque
21st Apr 2009, 22:30
The next morning, maybe after spooning for several hours and find we're a perfect fit, I get up to have a shower. When I take my towel off, you are walking past the door and have a wee peek - only to discover my small mustang tattoo on the small of my back...

Isn't this a lead up to the one about "Rodeo Sex"?

Mount her from behind then say "You know, you're not as good in bed as your sister...."

:E

kiwi chick
22nd Apr 2009, 06:14
You promised me that would stay between the two of us, Shy. :{

You are dead to me.

;)

ShyTorque
22nd Apr 2009, 12:26
You are dead to me.

That's exactly why Rodeo sex was invented ;)

Checkboard
22nd Apr 2009, 13:09
When one woman works [sic] toward you what do you look at?

The wife - to see if she's watching me :)

gingernut
22nd Apr 2009, 20:34
Lots of lovely curves.

vonbag
22nd Apr 2009, 22:40
Hi OFSO, ;-)
You got me all worked up with those fantastic perspectives; I was waiting for this time machine to be built, figuring out you soldering circuits á la "Brundle Fly" and finally have a peep at this Lady!
On my part, I saw a really interesting woman yesterday afternoon, I was in a queue at a local drugstore (every now an then I also have to buy some make-up, on commission), she bore the perfect figure!
She was standing in front of me, about 1.80 meters in height (little taller than me), with high heels, open shoes, "heart-attack" short skirt and marvellously torn legs, slightly tanned and shiny... she turned and I remained fulminated. A real vamp, I reckon she had something of Lauren Bacall in her face, with long blond slightly curled hair.
She turned again, another time, and had a closer look at her face.
Alas, I was blocked like a piece of wood! Bloody drats!
"stercus accidit" when you least expect it.
Best, Paolo (a.e. also known as "The Phantom Wan*er")

P.S.: what was wrong with those legs?
They were not around my neck!