PDA

View Full Version : Bremenfly

ChiefT
16th Apr 2009, 13:08
BREMENFLY, a new german charter airline, received just today its AOC. they operate a B737-400 ex Futura:

HZ123
16th Apr 2009, 14:18
Presume holiday charter traffic? Not the best time to be starting up as surely mcuh of the high season work will be allocated, never the less I wish them well, we need some good news.

Agaricus bisporus
16th Apr 2009, 18:30
they operate a B737-400

Or how to make a small fortune in aviation....

On the nail!!

captainspeaking
16th Apr 2009, 20:27
I've found a small profile in the rather good Airline Update airline directory

Germany: Bremenfly (http://www.airlineupdate.com/airlines/airline_profiles/airlines_germany/bremenfly.htm)

Envoy320
17th Apr 2009, 09:08
"rather good" airline update airline directory......

In what way is it rather good....so much info is out of date or just not there!

oneeyed
24th Apr 2009, 15:43
I never knew the LBA would make such a big deal about issuing an AOC but apparently it's worth an official reception to them

http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt353/LatestArrival/Bremenfly/

Good Luck to all of them :ok:

Patuta
7th Sep 2009, 18:30
Bremenfly seems to have ceased flying. Only plane is parked in Hanover.

cfmu42
21st Feb 2010, 13:22
they say that bremenfly had big problems with unfit postholders... but.. they did not only "hold" the "post"..they gave their best to "hold" up the business developement... :D

oneeyed
22nd Feb 2010, 07:11
they say that bremenfly had big problems with unfit postholders...

I don't know where you got that from - to me it appears more like unfit shareholders :ugh:

matkat
22nd Feb 2010, 09:35
Roland Taylor as managing director!! could that be the same Rolly Taylor that used to be a recruiter!!!!!! IIRC for Fields??? oh the intrigue.:}

flyboyqw
22nd Feb 2010, 18:39
Hi All,

This is some feedback of the Bremenfly sim/interview which I did.

Some info about the airline:
-New startup
-Flying to Jordan, Lebanon, Russia, Istanbul.
-Cannot buy flights on website, it is a subcharter company like Titan.
-Have 2 737-400 aircraft (dry leased)
-No plans to get NG's as they are too expensive to lease.
-Seems to be expanding.
-In need of FO's, and possibly captains.
-FO salary is between 2400 and 2700 euro after tax. Needs to be verified. Another source said 2500 euro before tax. But the tax is less then 40% due to the low pay. Per diem off base pay between 12 and 30 euro's. If you have more then 1000hrs on the classic, your salary will be higher. Not sure how much though. Captain salary unknown.
-Contract is for 7-9 months with a possibility to stay (permanent?).
-Will fly a lot (85hrs+)

General screening info:
-737-400 sim in RWL German Flight Academy, Mönchengladbach (airport), nearby Düsseldorf.
-Friendly instructor and captain. They will give you time and don't rush you.
-They speak English very well. No requirement to speak German.
-Very relaxed atmosphere in SIM building in general.
-The result will be available within a week or so.
-apply via Aviation Spirit - Crewleasing & Airline Training (http://www.aviation-spirit.com)

Interview:
-Very relaxed. No hard questions. Why do you want to leave your current employer, when can you start, do you need to relocate, do you have any questions for us?

Sim:
-Use your own SOP's
-All raw data, no map mode.
-RW 27R at Hannover.
-One raw data SID: Warburg 8S although the used out of date charts (jeppesen, 2004 instead of 2009). I think it was called WRB 7S in the sim instead of the current - 8S. The procedure is more or less the same though. Only the tracks are different.
-Steep turns, 45 degrees.
-One raw data ILS at 27R. Do not fly low drag approach but do gear down, flap 15 at 1 or 1/2 dot GS. Small amount of crosswind, not much. 550m RVR.
-Eng fail a few seconds after airborne. Just fly straight to 500ft, no requirement to do any drills etc.
-Fly as accurate as possible. No tricks.

Tech question paper:
-Not sure how many questions, but 4 single sided A4 papers, multiple choice. In fact, all questions are word for word from:
Boeing 737 Systems Quiz (http://www.b737.org.uk/quiz.htm)
But I didn't know that in advance. One question was about the pavement required for a 180 turn for a B737-400, which I don't think is in the online quiz, so look that one up. There is no pass-mark as such but individual scores will be compared when they decide who to take on.

niss
6th Mar 2010, 15:43
Flyboyqw
Have you heard from Bremenfly?
Any start date etc?