PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a plane again.

Paradise Lost
16th Apr 2009, 13:36
Missing snakes on plane ground Qantas flight - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090416/tod-missing-snakes-on-plane-ground-qanta-37b0eca.html)

You gotta feel sorry for the critters............don't you?

RatherBeFlying
16th Apr 2009, 15:59
Well, they're not going to get any bigger than 6 inches unless there's a supply of small rodents and/or lizards, but it may take a few months for them to starve to death.

That's if they're still on the a/c and survived the fumigation -- quite possible as there's a likelihood reptiles will survive what would kill a similar sized mammal as their respiration is considerably less.

A distinct possibility is that they got into another area of the shipping container; perhaps even entered another shipment or got loose in a freight handling area where they will investigate for small rodents.

G-CPTN
16th Apr 2009, 17:57
"a decision was made to take the plane out of service and fumigate it, so if these snakes ever turn up on one of our aircraft, they will be very much dead snakes,"

MagnusP
17th Apr 2009, 09:02
Good point G-CPTN. If they were killed by the fumigation, how the **** are they going to turn up on another plane? :confused:

HuntandFish
17th Apr 2009, 14:47
Can anyone explain what the risk was ?

brummybirdlover
18th Apr 2009, 20:17
If they're still on board and dead, better hope they didn't make it into air-con system. Just imagine-for years everyone flying on the aircraft will be thinking-what the hell is that horrible smell?

ArthurR
18th Apr 2009, 21:58
Had a 707 in at Stansted one time (from Eggwiped, I think), in for a C check, aircraft was bombed (fumigated), went down under the flight deck with a torch, shone torch, eyes stared at me, then moved, then I moved ...Fast, aircraft bombed again, never found out what it was. :eek: