PDA

View Full Version : Skywest plane in emergency landing at Perth airport

Ferrett
16th Apr 2009, 11:51
Skywest plane in emergency landing at Perth airport
16th April 2009, 17:15 WST

The pilots of a Skywest Airlines 100-seat Fokker 100 jet were forced to declare an emergency on approach to Perth Airport this afternoon after a hydraulic warning light activated.
Fire and emergency service vehicles monitored the landing which was uneventful.

Skywest, which enjoys a perfect safety record, has a fleet of eight Fokker 100 jets.

PERTH
GEOFFREY THOMAS

Windshear
16th Apr 2009, 13:30
G.T. sounds like you need some of our new brand T.L.C. from COBHAM, care for a coffee soon.
Windy

RENURPP
16th Apr 2009, 23:18
A perfect safety record, well isn't that an interesting comment. What the F^%K does it mean?? :confused:
No incidents, no accidents? I recall seeing a Skywest westwind rolled up into a heap at Darwin. That was before they sold off all except the Airline Side.

Capn Bloggs
17th Apr 2009, 02:32
From a purportedly knowledgeable, experienced, award-winning aviation reporter, that's pretty sensationalistic, Geoff. Your new boss Kerry prodding you for stories?:suspect:

bagchucka
17th Apr 2009, 07:31
Twas Hanoi Hannah's favourite F100 too - Fox-twot No-wem-ba No-wem-ba.

Pity she wasn't on 123.6 at the time...

BondiBoy
17th Apr 2009, 10:41
Just another slow news day :}

robs
17th Apr 2009, 11:26
I was bumped off the earlier morning flight (due to 'technical problems' a smaller plane was sent up in the morning). The later flight was uneventful but was met with plenty of flashing lights & there was fluid dumped on the runway after landing (along with lots of pointing & picture taking etc).
Have never flown with them before. And won't again (& not due to the 'emergency landing').

Engineer_aus
17th Apr 2009, 12:05
Seems like a certain reporter has a sweet deal with a certain new CEO.

the wizard of auz
17th Apr 2009, 12:50
Jeez Windy, you still here??. :}

Jet Fixer
17th Apr 2009, 13:24
I seem to recall not long ago that an F50 wing leading edge was wrapped around a pole at Perth Airport on taxiing out from the terminal.

flyingfox
17th Apr 2009, 14:34
GT kept that report low key. As I've said before, aviation journos need to keep in good with all Aus airline companies to get the freebies. I heard the uneventfull landing damaged the gear doors. Anyone hear likewise?

IAW
17th Apr 2009, 23:55
Well if the gear were extended alternately due to lack of hydraulics then the doors would drag on the bump pads down the runway. Designed to work that way.

Capt Claret
18th Apr 2009, 03:14
IAW the 717's the same. After alternate extension DON'T taxi off rwy until gear doors secured by engineers.