PDA

View Full Version : New VIP airline from Luton

sweetie76
15th Apr 2009, 19:38
Does anyone know who the new airline in question is that has taken over the former Silverjet lounge at Luton airport?

Rumour is that it is an African airline doing cargo with a few VIP seats?

Anyone shed on light on this?

x933
15th Apr 2009, 22:37
Think Air Harrods moved into it, with their old building being commandeered by Ocean Sky.

bycrewlgw
15th Apr 2009, 23:20
British West African Airways were rumoured to be moving in there as per either Airliner World or Flight International. They are believed to be flying to Lagos from Luton. :ok:

HZ123
16th Apr 2009, 12:49
That is an exciting prospect for Buster?

Buster the Bear
16th Apr 2009, 13:34
First class only carrier between Luton and Lagos? No doubt I will shortly receive an email asking me to deposit lots of money into a dubious Nigerian bank account to 'double my money'?

Chances of it happening are.........unlikely, but then again, what do bears know!

Guest 112233
16th Apr 2009, 15:16
Yes I had one of those EM's once a 41A or something - But it did not say you have won a Fan jet Falcon - its parked at LUT just pay £100,000,000 to cover the Hangarage and Its yours for Free - Ta.

Where do these tales (not Tails) come from ?

CAT III

ImPlaneCrazy
16th Apr 2009, 15:36
Indeed the rumors are true, BWA (British West African) are moving into the ex-Silverjet lounge and refurbishment is on the way, although the Silver Lounge wording on the entrance has just had the 'Silver' removed from it - cheap!

I also understand that they've held talks with a few handling companies at LTN so things are looking official so far.

3 destinations so far:

Accra, Abuja, Dubai

Expect an official announcement in the next week or so.

Evanelpus
16th Apr 2009, 15:55
I thought April 1st had been and gone.

Whilst I am extremely sceptical of this, even if it does get off the ground (no pun intended) it won't be around this time next year.

Whatever happened to a previous thread about BWAA?

ImPlaneCrazy
16th Apr 2009, 19:39
Got moved to Jet Blast and then got lost with all the other randoms!

Loving their slogan "It's all about you"... and your bank account details please sir.

jetsetwilly
16th Apr 2009, 20:53
All bookings to be placed via Western Union:oh:

JSW.

Evanelpus
17th Apr 2009, 07:44
Tried looking at the website and couldn't get any of the links (that's a joke) to work.

ImPlaneCrazy
17th Apr 2009, 17:34
Why did the website link get removed? :bored:

Dan Air 87
17th Apr 2009, 19:22
Its about time that a first class carrrier (what does that say about BA & VS???) came on the route and it stands a good chance of success given the very high fares to LOS with our 2 carriers. If they can take the J class pax then I wish them well. They should be able to make an inroad into the cargo market.

On a tangent, I don't bother flying to LOS by BA/ VS who are very costly. I can get a cheaper flight to LOS with LH and I get an upgrade. OK its a bit of a hassle having to transfer at FRA but my baggage always makes it.

My Company made everyone gulp when they said that they are looking at using Afriquair to LOS via Tripoli. Their fares are very cheap and they have said that its fine if you don't mind transferring in Libya.

Buster the Bear
17th Apr 2009, 20:48
I guess whilst the 'black stuff' is spewing freely from copious wells, there will be a need for First Class travel.

LTNman
19th Apr 2009, 19:52
The drop off area outside the old Silverjet terminal is now a restricted parking area for service vehicles. Guess it wouldn’t take too much effort to bring it back into passenger use.

Evanelpus
3rd Aug 2009, 14:12
How did this ludicrous pipe dream end, it all went very quiet, very quickly?

Powerjet1
3rd Aug 2009, 14:29
From an entry last month on the on Luton forum....

BWAA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read an article in a German magazine(why out here i dont know) that states that British West African Airways are now due to start this winter to Lagos from Luton.
Anybody know if there is any truth in it as i thought it had died a death recently.

Whilst on the subject, another, previously mentioned "Premium" airline, "Premjet" has a new website. Various management personnel now listed etc, with flights still proposed from LTN & MAN, No time frame.

More pie in the sky!

ImPlaneCrazy
3rd Aug 2009, 15:09
Well, after seeing all the workmen going in and out of the old SJ lounge you would expect the activity to carry on, yes?

Nope. All work has stopped there for the last month so I would guess their Western Union account has eventually dried up. :}