PDA

View Full Version : Question about JAA Night Qualification

virtanen10
15th Apr 2009, 07:59
I have read JAR-FCL reguirements, but I haven't find any answer to my problem. My problem consern about JAA night qualification and CPL/IR licenses and ratings.

If you have any FAA license (PPL, CPL or ATPL) night qualification included to the license. If you have JAA PPL, you have to fly night qualification separately. If you have JAA PPL license with NF and you will fly instrument rating, do you then have PPL+NF+IR or only PPL+IR? In other words, do you have night flight priviledges, if you have instrument rating?

Another scenario: You have PPL+NF and you want to upgarde your license to CPL. Do you then have CPL+NF or only CPL. In other words, do you have night flight priviledges if you have JAA CPL license?

If I would like to convert my FAA CPL+IR/ME to JAA CPL IR/ME, should I get JAA NF first? Do I have night flight priviledges if I have JAA CPL with IR rating? Is it possible to have CPL+IR+NF?

If I have JAA frozen-ATPL, do I only have CPL+IR/ME and passed JAA ATPL exams? If I have frozen-ATPL, do I have any mention about 'frozen-ATPL' in my license?

I know that these questions might be stupid, but I haven't find answers anywhere.

7574ever
15th Apr 2009, 09:13
As far as I know you just do the Night Qual. once, and it is required before you get your CPL in the UK. In Spain I think there is no such thing and it's considered part of the IR.

BigGrecian
15th Apr 2009, 11:57
Section E4.3 of LASORS at LASORS 2008 | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/lasors) applies to conversions for UK licences. You'll have to check the Spanish equivalent for a break down further.

Also worth bearing in mind in Section D you are required to have 5 take off and landings solo, not PIC. You must have

You might be having problems because there is no such licence as a frozen ATPL.
It is a CPL with Multi Engine Instrument privileges.