PDA

View Full Version : QAL and QCCA

skychild
15th Apr 2009, 04:22
As we all know there is going to be a downgrading in frontline positions. For the Cabin Crew at QF Longhaul there is an understanding of last in first out. Apon reading the EBA I cant find in writting where it actually states that. Can anyone shed some light?

And when it comes to crunch time do you actually think that will be honoured? Im sure the QF leagal time will find a loop hole as they always do.

Im not wanting anyone to have to lose their positions. This also is not a forum for QAL to argue with QCCA but an avenue for all involved to express their concerns and thoughts on the matter at hand.

I also feel that this MAY not effect A380 so much as they are the only ones trained on that aircraft and from what I hear dont have the crew numbers as is especially when there is STILL another 4 coming this year before orders are on hold.

Any imput, comments and concerns are welcome. We all do the same job so lets stick together and help each other through this worrying time.

Boomerang_Butt
15th Apr 2009, 04:29
Hopefully enough people will take VR, agree to job share or part time so it doesn't have to happen... but in my opinion getting rid of frontline staff is the last thing they need, especially at airports, they're so understaffed as it is! Then watch the mad scramble to catch up when things pick up in the travel industry!

obira
15th Apr 2009, 04:48
skychild,

Compulsory redundancy is dealt with in Clause 17 on page 12 of EBA8 with details on arrangements in Schedule 2 which can be found at the end of the agreement.

obira

aussieboy
15th Apr 2009, 04:49
What about the Uk and Thai base... surely that cant be right.. get rid of mainline australian staff but keep overseas staff.. TYPICAL!!!!

mrpaxing
15th Apr 2009, 05:40
our KIWI cousins. shortly when J*connect takes over most of the tasman on their 737's (with QF Logo) and the Qf 25/26 starts/finishes in AKL they could close AKL transfer some of the KIWIS to QCA and save money. :bored:just a thought:rolleyes:

imastweardsothere
15th Apr 2009, 06:03
So what is happening at QF? It made the papers here in the UK that QF are getting rid of 1750 staff, but it didnt say who, or where?

Any details?

skychild
15th Apr 2009, 06:08
thanks for pointing that obira

TightSlot
15th Apr 2009, 07:15
Please see, and if necessary start a relevant thread on this subject in D&G Forum