PDA

View Full Version : President Obama puppy arrives

tio540
15th Apr 2009, 02:35
There is much delight about President Obama finding that much awaited puppy for his children. Great news.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5ja5WeCqErlrnYOAhclBz-AOg2FtA

What happened to this one announced in January?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/RNTUSA/fifi.jpg

Dushan
15th Apr 2009, 02:38
It was tree-legged, so it could bowl better than He.

JudyTTexas
15th Apr 2009, 03:12
...and the puppy came from Texas....in our neck of the woods...

So Texas is back in the White House after all... With any luck, he'll leave his mark. :E

Lightning6
15th Apr 2009, 03:16
...and the puppy came from Texas....in our neck of the woods...

So Texas is back in the White House after all... With any luck, he'll leave his mark. :E

If he don't, I guess his owner will. :rolleyes:

tio540
15th Apr 2009, 03:26
So where is the white dog Fifi?

Bri85
15th Apr 2009, 03:40
umm no- Obamas dog is a portuguese water dog named Bo... the first pic is correct. the dog is black with a white chest and front paws, I believe Robert Keneddy (think thats the name ) senator of connecticut? gave it to him as a gift

tio540
15th Apr 2009, 03:46
Look at the second picture, Fifi the white dog was announced in January, remember.

pigboat
15th Apr 2009, 04:17
Teddy Kennedy gives the President a water dog? I've can't decide if that's irony or kharma. :p

Hi Judy, long time no hear. :ok:

JudyTTexas
15th Apr 2009, 05:44
Heya Pigboat! ...yep, been awhile.

My Beagle nose couldn't resist this thread... :D

BO Portuguese water dog from North Texas moving into White House (http://www.star-telegram.com/275/story/1315046.html)

Lightning6
15th Apr 2009, 05:56
What's the significance of him getting a dog? Is that the latest equivalent of kissing babies to gain respect? Who cares weather he's got a dog or not? not exactly big news is it. :rolleyes:

Let's see what he will do to stop the violence in this world...He's got his work cut out, damn the dogs.

tio540
15th Apr 2009, 06:02
The significance is, if you read the first post, the President spruked he had a new white dog for his children, with one leg missing, in January. Now he has a new black dog, and the white one has disappeared.

Do you get it?

Lightning6
15th Apr 2009, 06:07
The significance is, if you read the first post, the President spruked he had a new white dog for his children, with one leg missing, in January. Now he has a new black dog, and the white one has disappeared.

Do you get it?

Yes I get it, but why so important?

Gordy
15th Apr 2009, 06:20
Lightning6:

Yes I get it, but why so important?

Because it is a tradition..simple as that. I am sure Britain has traditions that seem pointless to the rest of the world---why, even the queen has dogs. Just go with the flow.....:):)

Presidential Dogs (http://www.dogguide.net/presidential-dogs.php)

Lightning6
15th Apr 2009, 06:28
Lightning6:

Because it is a tradition..simple as that. I am sure Britain has traditions that seem pointless to the rest of the world---why, even the queen has dogs. Just go with the flow.....:):)

Presidential Dogs (http://www.dogguide.net/presidential-dogs.php)

Point taken.:)

Len Ganley
15th Apr 2009, 08:46
Does it get it's own bodyguard?

anotherthing
15th Apr 2009, 08:57
Tio I think a lot of people don't get what you are saying -i.e. did they 'off' the white dog.

Maybe it's been done along the historical lines of American Foreign Policy.

Obama sees the plight of the underdog (white 3 legged poodle) and decides to give it a helping hand in life to battle against adversity and all the bullies (the English Bulldog).
Obama loses interest after a few months (he's gained all the kudos he could out of it), and moves on to his next (four legged) ally. Will the 3 legged poodle come back to bite him???

Now compare that with:

USA sees the plight of the underdog (Afghan nationals/Iraqis/Iranians) and decides to give them a helping hand by givng them weapons etc. to battle against the bullies (USSR etc).
USA then walks away and moves onto the 'next good cause'.
Move forward 20 or so years and those same people that used to be in favour (Taliban/Saddam) are unhappy at being dropped and come back to bite the USA.

Coincidence, or White house policy? :}

Firestorm
15th Apr 2009, 09:02
I think that Wholi and Radar's impending arrival is far more exciting.

GroundedSLF
15th Apr 2009, 09:12
I believe the poodle was thought to have al qaeda sympathies after the intensive background check on the pooch discovered that it lost its leg in a battle with an English Bulldog (which in fact was a highly trained MI5 operative on an undercover operation to discover terrorist sleeper cells).

Fifi (the poodles cover name) has probably been "renderred" to some Eastern European country to be waterboarded, followed by a quick trip to Gitmo, and a date with an orange collar.

Rumours regarding the suggestion that the photos of marines leading around Iraqi "detainees" on leads (leeshes for those in the USA) were in fact an elite squad of Navy Seals preparing to recieve Fifi have been denounced by a white house spokesman.

BladePilot
15th Apr 2009, 11:09
Does this mean there are two dogs in the White House now?

Avitor
15th Apr 2009, 11:14
Getting slightly off the main theme....how does a three legged dog piss up a tree?

Gordy
15th Apr 2009, 14:29
I did a search for anything related to Fifi the white dog and the president. Other than the post at the top of this page, I could find nothing. Did it really happen or have you all been fooled? I never did hear about it in January either.

Gainesy
15th Apr 2009, 17:24
Hmm, saw the thread title and thought Blair had got his job back.

Hiya Judy!:)

V2-OMG!
15th Apr 2009, 18:53
Me thinks they would have been better off with a squatter than a leg-lifter.

Why do I have this vision of Bo lifting his leg on Jackie Kennedy's priceless White House antiquities, the carefully manicured blooms in the rose garden, and Putin's leg with Obama admonishing "No, you can't"?

G-CPTN
15th Apr 2009, 20:58
Father-in-law bought a brandnew document briefcase.
He arrived home and propped it against the hall table whilst he went into the cloakroom to remove and hang up his coat.
Meanwhile my wife (to be) 's dog emerged from the kitchen, saw briefcase and lifted his leg and pissed on it . . .

JudyTTexas
15th Apr 2009, 22:32
Leg Lifter!...now that's what I call a Texas Salute. :}

Gainesy... :E

con-pilot
15th Apr 2009, 22:55
Not here about the dog, well other than it is cute, but just dropped in to say.

HI JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you again. :ok:

Dushan
15th Apr 2009, 23:53
Tio I think a lot of people don't get what you are saying -i.e. did they 'off' the white dog.

If you don't stop talking nonsense the black helicopters will be dispatched to your location.

The poodle didn't pay his taxes. That's why he is out. Everyone knows that taxes cost an arm and a leg and he is missing only one leg.

V2-OMG!
16th Apr 2009, 01:51
Dushan, I think you've missed your professional calling; you should have become a political satarist.

I wonder if the White House will be advertising for a south lawn pooper scooper, or will they just incorporate it into the job description of the presidential press secretary?

JudyTTexas
16th Apr 2009, 01:53
Con-Pilot

That's quite a dog bark you have there.... Glad you sniffed me out!.. :D

Don't know how I'm tagged with just 33 posts... Maybe the rest are buried somewhere. :E ... in the O hole.

Nice to see old dogs again... *wags tail*

Dushan
16th Apr 2009, 02:06
Dushan, I think you've missed your professional calling; you should have become a political satarist.

I wonder if the White House will be advertising for a south lawn pooper scooper, or will they just incorporate it into the job description of the presidential press secretary?

Already in the press secretary's job description. Did you miss the part about "shoveling sh1t to the press". This just makes the job easier as the source becomes more abundant (not that there is any shortage in the oval office these days).

V2-OMG!
16th Apr 2009, 02:08
Hi Texas Judy!

Posting in JB is akin to investing in today's stock market:
No matter how much you put in, your month-end net worth remains flatlined___________________________

con-pilot
16th Apr 2009, 02:42
Hey V2, I do believe that JudyT knows how to post on JB, she been here for quite a while, lets see, since, err,

JudyTTexas

No harm, no foul. :ok:

Except all of us who love her, wishes she would show up more often.

(Hint, hint, hint, hint, Judy. :ok:)

JudyTTexas
16th Apr 2009, 03:22
Thanks CP, it's been awhile...

Actually been on since 1997, remember PPRuNe CHAT?... and of course the days of "Captain Snailtrails".... Woulda made a great White House dog... :E
Now those really were the Dog Days! ;)

tio540
16th Apr 2009, 12:01
The WHITE one legged dog was announced early this year, with great fanfare, as the dog promised by Obama in his victory speech, to his children. Now the WHITE dog is no more, and the President has announced a BLACK dog for his children. So the WHITE dog in the White House is dead, I guess.