PDA

View Full Version : Google Street View Pictures

Peter Fanelli
15th Apr 2009, 01:59
Does anyone know how quickly Google updates it's pictures on street view, I saw one of their camera cars in Nashville today and gave it a friendly hand gesture. Just wondering if I might be immortalized :E

lomapaseo
15th Apr 2009, 02:29
Does anyone know how quickly Google updates it's pictures on street view, I saw one of their camera cars in Nashville today and gave it a friendly hand gesture. Just wondering if I might be immortalized

I wouldn't be that sure that it was Google Street View. It might have been terrorists sizing up the neighborhood.

Did you get the number plate so it can be checked out?

How many fingers were showing on your hand at the time. If only one I'm afraid that you might be history

Blacksheep
15th Apr 2009, 08:32
Potters Bar was photographed last year and still hasn't appeared in Google.

Sallyann1234
15th Apr 2009, 12:21
Potters Bar was photographed last year and still hasn't appeared in Google.

Nice to know someone still has good taste!

One9iner
15th Apr 2009, 12:31
I'd expect a long lead time from the photo being taken to it appearing on Google. All faces & number plates need to be scrubbed for one..

corsair
15th Apr 2009, 15:17
If it was actually a friendly gesture, you might be immortalised. If it was profane or rude it will be edited out. People often make that mistake with cameras. If you actually affected to ignore it while presenting your best side. You would be featured forever. Sadly you blew it :=

One9iner
15th Apr 2009, 15:28
Heard a member of public on the radio the other day.... he was explaining how he noticed the google street view vehicle, a couple of cars ahead of him at a junction... so, he kept following until he was the car directly behind, and continued to follow until he realised he was 30+ miles from home (which was his original destination). Once the photo's that were taken that day are published online, he may be the most photographed person on there.

I, however, really hope the google car was just travelling back to depot after a full day of photo taking.. :ugh: