PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff nights are great nights

Mac the Knife
14th Apr 2009, 14:35
Long time since I was in Cardiff on the razz...........

Cardiff Nights are Great Nights - Attuworld.com (http://attuworld.com/just-attu/cardiff-nights-are-great-nights.html)

handysnaks
14th Apr 2009, 18:31
Back in 79 (good grief, that sounds like a long time ago now :{). I had a job which entailed visiting just about every part of England and Wales, without doubt Cardiff was the top night out! Didn't look like those pictures though!!

foresight
14th Apr 2009, 19:24
I have offspring at uni there.

Thanks for the post - so reassuring!

Too Short
14th Apr 2009, 20:31
Crikey! I last went out on the tiles in Cardiff just over three years ago and it didn't look like that! 'Twas a rugby weekend too. What a rogues gallery, except for one... I laughed out loud at the one with the hairy chap in the lilac nightie and pink fluffy cowgirl hat hurling himself over those railings :} as for the rest, I bet many would cringe at seeing themselves in such a state in the cold, sober light of day. :suspect:

Sprogget
14th Apr 2009, 20:47
Doesn't matter where your kids are. Every town looks like that on a Saturday night. In any event, any student worth their salt won't be in a city centre bar drinking vinegar at 4 a pint under the threat of a kicking.

They'll be safely tucked up in the union bar drinking vinegar at two quid a pint instead, trying to pull birds by quoting Baudelaire & wondering if there's enough in the bank to write a cheque for a bag of chips after.

tony draper
14th Apr 2009, 20:53
Bah! Up and down the Butte Road and around Tiger Bay in the early sixties was the best era,had such a good time I did not go home and spent me leave down there.
:ok::rolleyes:

foresight
14th Apr 2009, 20:54
trying to pull birds by quoting Baudelaire

I don't think she is into that - but then what do I know?

1DC
14th Apr 2009, 21:12
Been in some really rough dives in all four corners of the globe in my time but nothing made me as nervous as dropping my daughters off for a night out in Cleethorpes!!