PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow T5 question

steve wilson
13th Apr 2009, 20:29
Can anyone help me please. My Father in law interlined through Heathrow on Thursday routing Hamburg-Heathrow-Manchester.

In T5 he was made to collect his bags and then go back through security and all the associated checks, including Iris scanning. He had a two hour layover and needed every minute of it.

A comedy moment was when his passport dropped from the scanner onto the floor. When he asked a memeber of security for it back he was asked 'can you identify the passport as yours!?!'

Can anyone please tell me why interlining pax are re-screened by security please?

Steve

GroundedSLF
14th Apr 2009, 14:22
I believe it is because domestic passengers and international folk inhabit the same area of the terminal.

HZ123
14th Apr 2009, 15:51
Also it might be that German Airport secuity screening is not up to the same standard as the UK. Having passed through a number of German airports I found it at times layed back. There is also an issue that German Airport staff checks are not performed to the same level as in the UK. Hope this helps and thanks for the business.

Miles Gustaph
14th Apr 2009, 18:51
I'm surprised that it took him so long, it's never taken me more than 40 mins domestic to international in T5...

As for the why the extra security, I would have to agree with GroundedSLF.

steve wilson
14th Apr 2009, 19:18
Thanks for your replies.

Steve

Hartington
14th Apr 2009, 19:41
Was he travelling on one or two tickets?