PDA

View Full Version : Question for ppl who applied to CX program.

Danizer
12th Apr 2009, 23:48
Hi everyone,

I'm going to university next year hoping to become a pilot in the future, probably gonna apply for CX cadet pilot program

I want to ask those of you who applied for it:

What did you study in university?

thanks,
daniel lam

Syar
13th Apr 2009, 07:17
Bachelor of Commerce.

birddream
13th Apr 2009, 12:06
or if you have A-level subjects in mathematics and physic would be fine too. But with best in luck, you have to be Singapore citizen first.

Sleeve_of_Wizard
13th Apr 2009, 14:28
I'm sure a Bachelor of Commerce would make you a much better pilot......... At least until you discovered that you could make a hell of a lot more money using that degree for something it was intended for!!!!!!

IpSiu
13th Apr 2009, 14:33
Acct and Law.

But it does not matter actually
Cause as far as I know, some cadets were studying Business
and I know one was a med. student.
And, it is not necessarily an aviation related degree. (Of coz there are cadets holding Engineering degree or Aviation related degree.)

I think the most important is yourself being suitable to be a pilot.
A degree may guarantee an initial test. (I am not sure if I say this right) but actually if you made your A-levels and cert-levels good, preferable in the science stream, it's good enough.

I personablly think, its up to you to choose what kind of major you are gonna take, as long as you have to ability to do it and you are into it.
Struggling with sth you hate is just killing you, definitely.
The degree may be able to bring you another "safe" future career once you cannot make it in the CPP.
You know, its just a contingency planning.

Hhhmmmm,,,afterall, it really doesnt matter what you take in uni. What important is your whole person-Being very suitable to be selected.

Syar
14th Apr 2009, 05:47
Thanks Sleeve_of_Wizard. I really needed some rand to teach me how to live life etc.
I was SO unaware that Bachelor of Commerce was to make money.

Also, I don't see how the discovery of such a fact would make my expertise in being a pilot a turning point. I think I'm a competent pilot regardless of such a discovery.

More over, thank you for teaching me the intention of my degree that I studied.

OscarGolfIndia and birddream, Danizer was referring to the CX programme. But your input of the Singapore programme is also helpful.

Ipsui has made some very valuable points.
Choose something YOU enjoy doing in uni, something you feel passionate about and want to learn. Don't let other people choose for you, and as to 'intention' behind a degree as Sleeve_of_wizard refers to, each person has there own reason to study whatever they want. Let it be interests, knowledge seeking experience etc etc etc.

In relation to CX programme, it really doesn't make alot of difference what you're studying. The true purpose of a degree is really to expand your mind, teach you more problem solving skills etc etc. As long as you can demonstrate the attributes of a pilot, there is a high chance you'll be accepted into the CX programme.
I just passed 1a and 1b and going to StageII on April 23.

I did Bachelor of Commerce and I can find so many linkages between what I've studied and being a successful pilot. In fact for most if not all areas of study I can find linkages, if you need help with stuff like that for your interview (linking your degree to being a pilot.... ie if they ask you Why did you study XXXX if you wanna be a pilot?) feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

What CX really looks for is your attitude personality etc etc etc and their whole list of attributes, not SO much on what you studied.. as long as you have studied.

Danizer
15th Apr 2009, 04:43
Syar and IpSiu
Thanks for the great input, I guess I've just been so worried about what they expect I totally forgot about what I wanted to study myself. I guess I still have time to decide what I want to get into.

and ya, i was referring to the CX program