View Full Version : LAND AT GATWICK

UNLOB
11th Jan 2001, 11:07
I am leaving the North Sea to start a fixed-wing job at Gatwick.

I am looking to build a house in the Surrey/Sussex area, does anybody know of any land?

Looking for about0.25 acre not exceeding
£80, 000, at the moment it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

So if any fellow PPruners can help it would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by UNLOB (edited 11 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by UNLOB (edited 11 January 2001).]

Sensible
11th Jan 2001, 13:31
You underestimate the situation sir, i would equate it to looking for a golden needle in a haystack. Try Howard Cundy Estate Agents, they may be your best bet, most of the agents in the Gatwick area are just looking to flog you a flat!

Impress to inflate
12th Jan 2001, 01:27
t

TrueNorth
12th Jan 2001, 23:54
Super first post Impress to inflate :)

Bright-Ling
13th Jan 2001, 00:23
Imp......do you suffer from "premature submit button syndrome" as wel

AYLGR
15th Jan 2001, 00:07
I would say your chances are negligible! A plot just big enough for a detached house in Surrey would cost more like twice the price you set as a limit. Better option is to buy an old place and demolish it as the majority of this green belt land is on a one for one basis. There is a land agency with a monthly newsletter that I subscribed to for a year in my 2 year search for a plot. Problem I found is that all the agents are in the back pockets of local developers large and small who will make a commission on the sale of the plot/site to them and then make another 2% when the builder puts the new house back on the market with them 6 months later. Private builders can't get a look in. Better bet is to find a local small developer in tune with your taste in house building and let him do all the legwork/investment. It worked for me in the end and total cost was about 10k higher on a 350k property than if I had done it all myself, plus I got to sleep a lot more whilst it was being built.
Good luck.
Bob