PDA

View Full Version : "Go Concorde go" ????

g10
9th Nov 2001, 03:27
From The Times about Concorde's return yesterday:

" But we had Captain Mike Bannister, short and jovial, once Concorde’s youngest pilot, who was very chuffed that just as he was taking off he heard the voice of an American pilot on his radio urging him on: “Go, Concorde, go.” "

Did any other pilots at Heathrow hear this?

I know the Times has very little reason to make things up, but this comment brought me close to tears and i wasn't even flying her or near Concorde at the time....Nice to see such positive and supportive comments coming through the community....I can't wait to one day join you fraternity.

Brilliant to see the great bird fly again !!

g10

(Edited for Spelling)

[ 08 November 2001: Message edited by: g10 ]

Fast Jet Wannabe
9th Nov 2001, 03:31
MB said that quote on the BBC 6 and 9 o'clock news last night too. So it isn't something the paper has made up.

Sir_Lurkalot
9th Nov 2001, 19:06
g10

I suffered a similar occular dampness (even if the story turns out to be total fabrication).
I don't care. I'm Bristolian by birth, and a lot of us have got great big soft spots for a certain skinny aircraft with crackly engines :D

Loki
9th Nov 2001, 23:57
I can`t wait until I again see the magic machine blasting away overhead a certain town in the Thames valley. Watching people stop and look up, check their watches, or occasionally walk into lampposts always made me smile.