PDA

View Full Version : Signs of recovery

bobrun
11th Apr 2009, 01:15
There's news out there coming from China and the US than mention there are signs of an economic recovery. Still in the early stages obviously, but it's quite relevant news as the company tries to push concessions or bad deals (unfair deal on RA65...) on us on the back of the difficult times. We should be talking about pay (were we not supposed to get another 2% raise in Jan 2009), not concessions:ok:

Apple Tree Yard
11th Apr 2009, 01:27
...guys, the company will attempt to bulldoze through a concessionary deal. It is simply up to us to say 'NO'. There is no justification for taking cuts, particularly as we did not recieve proper compensation when the company was raking in record profits (never mind the fact that they have been making huge profits for DECADES). Another question: 'why should I give up some of my base pay during one difficult year, when the company has been socking away profit for those same mentioned decades'...? If we are expected to help the company remain profitable, surely we can expect the company to use some of those profits to help get through a few difficult months. It is absurd that the company expects us to help pay for a drop off in business, without taking into account the fact that we have all spent years of our working lives helping them to make a kings ransom in earnings. Don't bother attempting to hurt me or my family when you couldn't even give me a proper share of the profits during the good times. I remember two years ago when, after announcing approximately $350 million USD profits, they then went on to tell us that we were not getting ANY profit sharing (and then they paid themselves huge Swire profit sharing payments!!). Sorry, get on with running an airline instead of looking to your employees to pay for your pathetic mistakes. We didn't cause the fuel hedge debacle, nor did we commit the criminal acts in the cargo biz. These people have no shame....nor perspective.

N1 Vibes
11th Apr 2009, 06:02
Bobrun,

suggest you look up "Dead Cat Bounce" in google....

Kitsune
11th Apr 2009, 06:53
Or if you have the time, J.K. Galbraith's "The Great Crash of 1929" in which he enumerates the numbers of 'sucker's rallies' that followed the Crash.... :cool:

2 cents
11th Apr 2009, 10:19
Thanks Apple Tree Yard, you articulately describe how almost every person I know feels about the situation. In addition don't even THINK about asking for ANY sort of UPL or concession until ALL the extendees are gone. Simple, really.