PDA

View Full Version : Moving data between Nokia phones.

Rwy in Sight
9th Apr 2009, 21:18
I am trying to move all data for my old Nokia 6210 phone to the new 6220. I tried to use the nokia pc suite but I failed. At least I don't know where the data from the 6210 is. Any ideas before I hand the case to a shop?

Thanks in advance.

Rwy in Sight

Agent86
9th Apr 2009, 23:14
Have a look at ZYB (http://zyb.com/lang/en/) Once you have transferred your data you can erase your account.

Jofm5
10th Apr 2009, 05:52
Most modern nokias allow you to synchronise two phones over the infrared - align the phones, activate the infrared and select the syncronise application and you should get it all over.

Of course I dont know your models off the top of my head but has worked for me over the past few years.

jimtherev
10th Apr 2009, 12:17
You don't mention what data you wish to move. If it's contacts & so on, then I find that the Sync section of the Nokia package works well with Outlook - in fact it was a life-saver when my contacts file got corrupted some months ago: nearly everything could be retrieved from the phone.

If it's pics, music, ringtones and so on, then the File Manager section of PC Suite should transfer to a temp folder on your PC and back again onto the new phone.

... but perhaps you are trying to do summat much more esoteric than that?

mdc
10th Apr 2009, 21:59
Since these are both recent Nokia Series 60 devices I think you should have an application called Data Transfer or Data Mover on the handsets. Simply launch this on the 6220 and follow the prompts.

Alternatively take a look at this link for additional options Nokia Europe - Phone-to-Phone Transfer - Support (http://europe.nokia.com/A4144891)

Ancient Observer
13th Apr 2009, 12:29
If your problem can't be solved by self help, I found Nokia's place where you return broken phones to be very good.
Mine died once during software updating over the net. I have no idea why. I feared I'd lost everything. I sent it off to the address specified on their UK web-site, and it came back fully functional, nothing lost, and completely free!
Great service, for me.

Rwy in Sight
13th Apr 2009, 20:38
Thanks for your assistance everybody. You have been great. Well on the new 6220 Classic there is a transfer function but it is not work with the 6210. The guy at the NOKIA store told me that I have to synchronize my computer with my old mobile with an email program like outlook but I found it easier to ask a mobile company to do the transfer.

But I have to do the synchronisation soon.

Thanks again

Rwy in Sight