PDA

View Full Version : Se Asia Ferry Flight

nz200lr
9th Apr 2009, 16:51
Hi all

I will soon be conducting a ferry flight from Darwin Australia to Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines. I was wondering if anyone knows the customs/immigration and quarantine procedures, notification and documentation requirements for any of these states?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Regards

nz200lr

Toulost
10th Apr 2009, 05:46
The best way in getting through the Philippines would be to have a ground handling agent to arrange the paperwork for you. You'll never know what you're gonna get if you go directly to the customs officials in the country.

Suggest that you give Air Ads Corporate Aviation a call. They're one of the best FBO's that you can find in Manila.

ASIAN AIR SAFARI | adventure travel tour (http://www.asianairsafari.com/services.html)

Safe flight!

tornspar
10th Apr 2009, 05:59
u need to sort all the bru-malaysia manila fir stuff through seletar airport in SIN find the agent there on google .Big mountains in borneo-fly safe.Will be xpensive for the overflight permits,around 6 grand AUD-dunno about darwin through to sin though.GOOD LUCK-They maybe able to sort it all for you right through as I presume your not goin near sin.

nz200lr
12th Apr 2009, 08:20
Thanks guys, I will look into these avenues!

If any one else has any further guidance or advice on the op that would be most appreciated!

cheers
nz200lr

veloo maniam
13th Apr 2009, 03:35
I would gladly recommend Mr.Dominic for Ground handling in Malaysia.
603-012-3988243.Cheers:ok:

chimbu warrior
13th Apr 2009, 05:59
I will soon be conducting a ferry flight from Darwin Australia to Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines.

Seems a very round-about way to get to the Phillippines. What type are you flying?

nz200lr
13th Apr 2009, 09:53
The flight is via indonesia and malaysia only at this stage. Using C208B however with no bladder fuel so will be taking a few hops along the way!

ASIAN FROG
13th Apr 2009, 10:09
Thailand for AVGAS- Try:
- Chiang Mai Flying Club
- Thai Flying Club (Nearby Pattaya)
- CATC (Flying School) in Hua Hin

Malaysia (West)
- Langkawi HM Aerospace
- SUBANG AIRPORT (Several possibilities)
- Malacca (Malaysian Flying Academy)

Malaysia (East)
- Bintulu (CGIFA)
- Kota Kinabalu (Austral Academy

Good Flight

barrybeebone
13th Apr 2009, 12:02
Ever since that flight from Horn Island to Marauke in West Papua (Indonesia) landed last year without permission, Indonesian authorities are very sensitive about Planes landing without permission. I suggest you get all your flight arrival and visa permits sorted before you get to Indonesia just to make sure there are no issues.

These people are still in captivity in Papua and it is uncertain as to when they will be released.

see news story

Four Australians jailed for trespassing into RI | The Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/01/15/four-australians-jailed-trespassing-ri.html)

Which Inodnesian airports are you flying to? Depending on the airports, you could contact a ground handling company called PT JAS. They are a good outfit that handle Australian Government planes, Qantas and Jetstar and others. Sorry but I don't have contact details handy. Just do a google search.

Robing
14th Apr 2009, 10:55
So far as I can tell Kuching looks like the only Avgas possibility in East Malaysia.

nz200lr
14th Apr 2009, 12:25
Thanks for that but the aircraft is a Cessna Caravan so no Avgas needed just Jet A1!

Does anyone know if Balikpapan (Kalimantan) would be a good place to stop for a night? ie safe

Cheers
nz200lr

barrybeebone
14th Apr 2009, 12:57
Balikpapan should be fine. Big expat population there with the mines. Contact [email protected] as they are located in Balikpapan and offer a service where they handle flight approvals.

I recommend these based on what I have heard from others, which say that they are a professional outfit. Other companies to try include Gapura, which is a subsidiary of Garuda. But not sure if they handle flight clearances.

nz200lr
15th Apr 2009, 12:02
Does anyone know how to obtain any form of visual navigation charts for indonesia, malaysia and the philippines?

Tmbstory
15th Apr 2009, 18:12
nz200lr:

From my own records and charts the following may help:
1: Global Navigation and Planning Chart GNC 13 scale 1;5000000.
2: TNC - K11 RAF Topographic scale 1:1000000
3: Global Navigation Chart 15 Australia and Indonesa Scale 1:5000000
4: Operational Navigation Chart L 12 Indonesa and some of Phillipines. 1:1000000

To help you obtain some of these, I suggest you contact a Map outlet ( Aviation ) in a Capital City in Australia. Years ago, I got most of my maps from an outlet in North Sydney. Hope this helps.

I flew for a long time in the region you are interested in, plan carefully, make sure the book work and clearances are current, stay out of the interior of Borneo and Indonesa and enjoy the trip.

Tmb.

Massey058
16th Apr 2009, 03:58
Indoavis produce aeronautical products in Indonesia:

http://http://www.indoavis.co.id/main/index.php

nz200lr
18th Apr 2009, 03:35
Thanks everyone for being such a great help thus far.

I was wondering if anyone has or knows how to obtain a copy of Part 91 of the Indonesian Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR). I have attempted to download it from the directorate general of civil aviation site but it wont open :confused:

nz200lr
24th Apr 2009, 03:16
Hi all,

Does anyone know the Primary HF Frequencies for the Philippines and Indonesia (Kupang, Ujung Pandang and Balikpapan)?? Please remember the ferry operation will be at low altitudes (ie around 10,000').

I have a list of all the HF frequencies in the region from my Jepp docs however to have our HF radio calibrated to 15+ frequencies costs a lot of $ which of course my company isnt too keen on!

Any help, as always most appreciated :ok:

nz200lr