PDA

View Full Version : Licensed King Air Eng

a1900eng
8th Apr 2009, 15:36
I have recently applied for a position advertised with a company called Helicrew Solutions. They are looking for a couple of licensed engineers to run their King Airs from Kuwait. Having had a quick phone chat with one of the guys at the company he stated that they worked in and arround Baghdad International as well as other "out stations" in Iraq. Does any one on here already work for them or applied for posts. I am intrigued as to what they do and for whom, would also like to have some background info pre interview in a weeks time.

nodrama
9th Apr 2009, 08:50
UK's Shadow R1 'to complement, not duplicate' intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/02/12/322442/uks-shadow-r1-to-complement-not-duplicate-intelligence-surveillance-and-reconnaissance.html)

a1900eng
9th Apr 2009, 10:42
Thanks for that link nodrama,

My understanding is that the shadow project is flown and maintained by the military, not sure if RAF or Army. The project I am looking at is purely civvy although contracting to "Uk Gov", hence their requirement for B1 B2 licensed Engs with King Air rating, although the have now said that they will sponsor me through a rating course. Just would like to know a little about who they work for and what they do... :ok:

nodrama
9th Apr 2009, 17:59
When the Shadow project first started the MOD approached current serving forces guys who had B1 licences (the aircraft are on the G register, possibly G-OTCS & G-JENC). When they were unable to fill the required manpower 'slots', for whatever reason, they advertised in the civvi sector. I know two guys who were interviewed for it.

a1900eng
9th Apr 2009, 22:34
Interesting one Nodrama thanks for that, I didnt realise that the mil guys had B1 licenses. The job advertised through Helicrew Solutions is not for the Mil, I checked with them today on that. Apparently its a Gov dept and part of the FCO, working here in Kuwait but they will get me back to the UK on my time off. :ok: Have the two guys you know gone for the Helicrew job as well.

nodrama
10th Apr 2009, 07:20
I didnt realise that the mil guys had B1 licenses.

Have the two guys you know gone for the Helicrew job as well.

In general, they haven't. There are (were) aircraft maintenance jobs in the forces where there are opportunities for technicians to study & get the experience for civvi licences. There are also the guys/ gals who have self-studied to prepare themselves for the day they leave the forces.

No, the two guys didn't take the job....too much time away, in a ****ty place (not Iraq), for not enough money.

Maybe you should do a little more research, the CIA have been using these aircraft for a few years now.

a1900eng
10th Apr 2009, 08:48
Nodrama,

I am in the process of doing the research, hence this post....:ok: I am aware of the American use of the C12 and I am begining to have a pretty good idea of the Brit Gov use of the King Air in Iraq. However background from other Ppruners who have either spoken with Helicrew Solutions or are already employed by them would be useful. Not sure about your two guys not taking the job though, this one is living in Kuwait with a shed load of money, think your guys must have been applying for the MOD job in Afgh.:ugh:

a1900eng
18th Apr 2009, 17:49
As an update, I have got the job having had an interview last week. Off to Kuwait for my first few weeks on the roster. The job is working for a UK company who are providing an aviation service to a department within the UK Government. Helicrew Solutions are meerly the recruiters. Although many of the guys are ex Mil this set up is run purely along civvy lines, hence the requirement for Licensed engineers, which by the way they are looking for a further two, as the customer has recently requested an expansion to the service. So happy days, time off in UK or any where else I want plus £70 000 as a starting salary. It was hard to get any info on the job from outside sources, however one of the guys at Helicrew Solutions briefed me fully prior to interview.

Happy days :ok: