PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings Cadet Assessment

ajl23
8th Apr 2009, 13:30
Hello...

I have been invited to attend Phase II and III of the CTC Wing Cadet assessment and was keen to find out if anybody had attended recently and could offer me some advice or preparation for what to expect?

I understand that Phase II is an aptitude test but is there anything else in addition? Phase III is a face to face interview, is there anyone who has been successful at this stage able to offer any pointers for success?

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks...

Crazy Fokker
8th Apr 2009, 13:49
Hi ajl,

I went down for my phase 2 about 18 months ago now so I'm not sure how much use my information will be to you. I'm pretty sure CTC have now combined the group exercises from Phase 3 with the initial phase 2 aptitude testing.

I can only comment on the aptitude testing as I decided not to pursue the CTC route any further due to other commitments. Prepare thoroughly for the maths tests. Cover long division, long multiplication, unti conversions, and really try to do as many actual problems as you can, rather than just simple questions (e.g. 76880 divided by 567.5). Time management is key, it will be 15 questions in 15 minutes, which is more challenging than it sounds in my opinion.

As I say, it was a while ago since I attended, so things may have changed. There's heaps of information on this forum specifically about phase 2, so get searching. You'll find what you're looking for.

Good luck,

CF

ajl23
8th Apr 2009, 16:10
Thank you....much appreciated!

kwb911
8th Apr 2009, 16:26
Check the existing CTC threads (both the original and the new one) as they contain everything you will need throughout the complete assessment process.

Link to second thread below:

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/250640-ctc-wings-cadets-thread-part-2-a-148.html