View Full Version : BA 1417/18 Jumpseat/flightdeck visit request

Mr Incognito
25th Feb 2001, 19:55
I don't know if such things are allowed any more but I would like to put in a request for my sister and brother in law who are flying out to Belfast on Friday 13th April (yes I know) and returning on the 20th.

Is it possible and if so how do I go about it? They are very responsible people and I would vouch for them any time.

Thank you for any anticipated assistance and information.

[This message has been edited by Mr Incognito (edited 25 February 2001).]

Mr Incognito
28th Feb 2001, 01:51
Any takers? I know this is a few weeks away but I would be very grateful for any pointers from the good folks at BA!

Thanks.

Positive Climb
2nd Mar 2001, 19:53
Mr Incongnito,

I suggest you tell them to request a flight-deck visit during the flight via a member of the cabin-crew. Most captains are more than happy to accept visitors as long as it is not a training flight. As for the jump-seat, that is totally up to the operating skipper on the day and probably the best advice is to wait to be asked rather than asking out-right.

Hope this helps.

------------------
"After V1, we'll take the emergency into the air - You call 'Positive Climb' and I'll ask for the gear up. We'll climb away at V2 +15"

Mr Incognito
4th Mar 2001, 13:29
Thanks Positive Climb! As it's a short flight is there any way to deal with the request prior to boarding, e.g. by request letter?

Cheers.

EDDNR
5th Mar 2001, 09:35
I doubt the crew for this flight have even been rostered yet.

Rod

Dave Incognito
5th Mar 2001, 11:19
Mr. Incognito,

perhaps a long lost love child?

------------------
Flying is easy - just throw yourself at the ground and miss.