PDA

View Full Version : Don't send me your begging letters!

BladePilot
7th Apr 2009, 19:24
Jeez the excitement of it all:

one number, not a twitch
two numbers, so boring
three numbers, right eyebrow rises a little
four numbers, got me squirming in my seat

What that's it! bugga what a flippin let down:(

25Quid well at least it'll buy a couple of bottles of plonk and I can drink to the other numbers that got away!

Which member of our PPruNe family has had the biggest win on the lottery?

Whirlygig
7th Apr 2009, 19:40
25? I had four numbers once and got 80. You wuz robbed :}

However, I suspect our choice of expenditure was the same. :ok:Except mine would have been a few bottles of Premier Cru Chablis.

Cheers

Whirls

Storminnorm
7th Apr 2009, 20:01
I've saved about 2000 by not bothering to do it then?

er340790
7th Apr 2009, 20:34
The Ontario 6/49 was up to $40m a few weeks back.

Found my brother-in-law's ticket on the sideboard, so made a note of the numbers. We all went out the night of the draw. When we got back home, I pretended to call the Results Hotline and shouted out his 'winning' numbers to everyone.

As I got to the fifth and sixth numbers his face was a picture, "Guys! Guys! I think I've got it!"

So I pretended to call the line again to re-check... 'Yep those are the winning numbers.'

We let him have 60 seconds of joy..... before telling him.

He hasn't spoken to me since! :}

heli-cal
7th Apr 2009, 22:04
What an excellent gag! :ok:http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/helixpteron/happy0009.gif

CityofFlight
7th Apr 2009, 22:21
Cruel...funny as hell, but cruel !

Wod
8th Apr 2009, 03:10
Back in the days of steam radio, or possibly B&W telly, there was a skit broadcast of a chap reading out the English football results and getting inceasingly excited as he read out the scores in drawn games. Ended in tragic anti-climax when the draw he needed to win The Pools turned out to be an away win. Normal verbal delivery was restored.

Anyone else remember it?

Buster Hyman
8th Apr 2009, 03:42
I think Aunty Mary had a win once.

sitigeltfel
8th Apr 2009, 06:26
There is a saying, "To be born an Englishman is to win first prize in God's lottery".

But us Scots know better :p