PDA

View Full Version : Noel Edmond's schmaltz

swashplate
5th Jan 2001, 23:22
Does anyone remember the terrible,sickly Noel Edmods progs that used to be on BBC at XMAS time?

I remember that he used to fly out families to be with thier relatives!!!!

On one occasion, I recall, they chartered an Air 2000 B757-200!!!!!

Anyone know how much this would have cost?
Out of OUR Licence fee!!!!!!!!

Maybe thats why they got rid of hom!!!

Wide-Body
6th Jan 2001, 00:02
A bit below the belt, the guy was actually doing a lot of good things for some very sick or poor kids. He may not be everybodys cup of tea (not mine much) but the money was going to help people. More than can be said for a lot of BBC cash

OrsonCart
6th Jan 2001, 00:40
Airline staff gave their time for free for such a worthy cause and at Christmas!

Yes hes was a pain on TV, but do not knock him for this!

Lew Ton
6th Jan 2001, 00:53
He/they chartered a B747 one Christmas (Virgin, I think?) and it was suggested at one time they would come into Luton. There were no end of volunteers willing to come in to work/handle it. I've worked him a time or two in a helicopter (does he still fly?). OK, his TV isn't to everyone's taste, but I think he's OK.

ATCO Two
6th Jan 2001, 01:02
Hi Lew Ton,

Noel still flies regularly - callsign "Unique 01" Single Squirrel GHLEN (after his wife - yes you guessed it - Helen!). He is always very professional on the RTF and is considered a very competent pilot.

newswatcher
6th Jan 2001, 15:35
....and another piece of information recently leaked, is that he and his wife are both frequent contributors, financially and with voluntary time, at a hospice close to their home in the West Country.

Dropp the Pilot
6th Jan 2001, 18:52
Fascinating!!! Y'all may want to note that Noel Edmonds (whoever he is) falls into the overlarge category of people who are "world-famous-in-London".....

Big Red ' L '
6th Jan 2001, 21:38
Ahh yes, but is Noel a PPRuNer.???????????

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

G-INGER Roger
6th Jan 2001, 23:36
"Noel Edmonds (whoever he is) falls into the overlarge category of people who are "world-famous-in-London""

Whereas I just wish I had never heard of Jerry Springer etc....!

------------------
Just keep it Ginger!

Edited for UBB incompetance!

[This message has been edited by G-INGER Roger (edited 06 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by G-INGER Roger (edited 06 January 2001).]