PDA

View Full Version : Logging in to forums

Compass Call
6th Apr 2009, 22:12
For some unknown reason every time I start my computer I have to log in to my home page and to forums I regularly visit. I always tick the 'remember me' box, but to no avail! It was OK a couple of days ago but now it is not playing the game. Every time I close FireFox all log in data is 'forgotten' and I have to input username and password when I reopen FireFox to access my home page and forums.

I have run a virus check and malware check but nothing found. Any help gratefully accepted. Obviously some settings have got corrupted but I cannot figure out which ones - senility creeping in early:\

CC

Saab Dastard
6th Apr 2009, 22:28
In FF2 there's Tools \ Clear Private Data - or Options \ Privacy \ Private data - have you set it to clear passwords and cookies (among other things) when you log off?

SD

call100
7th Apr 2009, 14:52
Your forum won't remember you unless there is a cookie on your machine....I don't keep cookies for any reason other than session cookies. My browser (FF) has an add on that secures the passwords and fills them in automatically. So visiting say PPrune I just click one item in the toolbar and it logs in automatically.....
Failing that don't delete all your cookies........But be careful which ones you keep..

Compass Call
7th Apr 2009, 20:33
Everything looks OK. Just seems that my machine has decided to stop accepting cookies. Any ideas:confused:

CC

Compass Call
9th Apr 2009, 21:51
Solved the problem. Uninstalled Firefox, then re-installed it from the website. Everything working as before:ok:

CC