PDA

View Full Version : NTLWorld webmail

rvusa
6th Apr 2009, 18:42
I use NTLWorld webmail and need to send long letters to a group. Previously, I could select each individual addressee and, after the first, BCC the rest, thus not publishing their addresses for all to see. Since the latest version of this mail package came out I cannot now use BCC by clicking on individual names so decided to use a 'group'. The group selection only allows you to add (or delete) addresses but when you send a mail to this group all the addresses appear as 'to'.
Can anyone suggest a way to go back to my old system of using one 'to' and BCC'ing the rest? I would like to retain my @ntlworld.com address.

Jofm5
6th Apr 2009, 20:04
To get around the problem with the webmail you should look at using a email application such as outlook, outlook express or mozilla thunderbird.

These will give you the email functionality that you require when sending bulk mail with BCC etc. A word of warning is that these applications by default will pull the mail off the mail server so you wont be able to view it using webmail - you can in each of these applications go into the advanced options and tick the box to say to leave the message on the server (then you can still use webmail).

The server settings required can be found here: Setting up Outlook Express 6 - Email - Help - Virgin Media (http://www.virginmedia.com/help/email/settingupoutlookexpress6-2.php)