PDA

View Full Version : SR Technics Bahrain

subsonic69
6th Apr 2009, 15:54
A friend of mine emailed me and said that SR Technics in Bahrain is closing this June and that they will be losing their jobs. Details was not given and was wondering if it were true.

Tried to email him again but I haven't receive any reply.

Anybody has an insider on this one???

c17age
7th Apr 2009, 01:19
Hi Sub
It is apparantly true. A good friend of mine is in the same boat and is already looking for pastures new. Sometime in June is accurate too.

c17

Jet II
7th Apr 2009, 11:27
I understand that SRT lost the contract to Singapore Technologies - hope some of the guys can just move across.

MrFixer!!!
7th Apr 2009, 13:01
YES THATS TRUE!!!! SRT have been asked to leave by Gulf Air.......they tried hard to change GF mentality and attitude towards maintenance but I guess it was more of a marriage of two extremes.....SRT being toooooo organised and GF being too laxed.....well SIAEC has been given the contract from June onwards....so if you are in luck and got the decent CV then SIAEC will be looking for local people for jobs anyway.......I wonder how long they will last?????......as far as I know they are even better than SRT.....no nonsense approach and dont take no for an answer!!! Got experience of dealing with all 3 of them!!!

HighHeeled-FA
7th Apr 2009, 14:05
Shame. I hope it isn't spreading. I did work experience in Stansted when it was called FLS Aerospace.

The Deec
8th Apr 2009, 09:18
600 techs and mechanics were laid off at SRT base in Dublin last friday, so its not looking good for future of company .

subsonic69
8th Apr 2009, 14:28
I guess my friend doesn't even want to talk about it then. I hope those guys can transfer to another job fast.

regarding SIAEC.. have heard bad things about their job, specially the one that happened with qantas. well I hope they changed ways now.

How about A-checks for Gulf Air?? Who will handle it then? ADAT? because I doubt Gulf Air will fly ferry to Singapore just to have their As done there.

MrFixer!!!
8th Apr 2009, 19:53
SRT is not a bad group as such.....but sadly enough when they bought FLS, the Dublin facility and unfortunately the Stansted Hangar came as liabilities!!!! They are like a BIG FAT ELEPHANT which just drains on the whole groups resources....Having said that....I know guys from there and they are gem of engineers...the problem as always is those accountants and managers who just cant see anything other than the figures on their calculators.

Regarding SIAEC involvement with Qantas.......that was Qantas's own fault mate....they cant sort their own engineering management out and just love to blame the rest of the world for it.....all those incidents arent just any other companies mistakes....are they????

Blacksheep
8th Apr 2009, 22:36
SRT lost the contract to Singapore Technologies and

...well SIAEC has been given the contract from June onwardsSingapore Technologies Aerospace (ST Aero) and Singapore Airlines Engineering Company (SIAEC) are two entirely different comnpanies. So, which is it to be?

leewan
9th Apr 2009, 03:45
SIAEC was just a convenient scapegoat for the Aussie engineers to vent their anger on after the neglect by the qantas management.I do understand their plight, but to spread false rumuors about another company is wrong mate.
The A checks are done in Bahrain by SIAEC techs and engs who will be based there.
http://www.siaec.com.sg/press_release/2009/26Mar2009.pdf

subsonic69
9th Apr 2009, 06:48
I get it..

Regarding the comment about SIAEC.. its not about me telling or informing readers that SIAEC sucks. It's just that I've heard rumours and saw some docus about it. Who to blame? Well I don't know.

If they will be performing A-checks there in Bahrain but under a different company, then I guess its safe to say that they might hire the same people who have been doing it there under the SR Tech Bahrain flag.. or not?

I do think most of the reshuffling would be at management level since SIAEC is taking over (if it will happen). Then they would also need engineers and mechs to stay. I doubt SIAEC will pick from their workforce in Singapore and bring it there since as far as i know, they are always hiring foreign workers from the Philippines, Malaysia and some Europeans to be based in Singapore.. :confused:

leewan
9th Apr 2009, 15:44
Subsonic 69, I didn't refer to you as spreading rumuors abt SIAEC, I was referring to those aussie engs who presumably were laid off after the outsourcing of mx at qf felt pissed and spread baseless rumuors abt SIAEC. But's that's another thread all together.

AFAIK, they will be operating under the SIAEC flag at Bahrain and will be taking techs and engineers from SIN to be based there.

subsonic69
10th Apr 2009, 07:29
thanks for clarifying leewan..

then i guess the ones going to be left behind are a bit lucky ..

too bad for the majority who would be laid off this coming june.

James.Langdale
5th Jul 2009, 08:40
anybody know how to get hold of SIAEC? all ive managed to get is a singapore number, do they have an office set up in Bahrain yet?

subsonic69
6th Jul 2009, 07:21
just email them .. they would get in touch if they need someone with your credentials for sure.. (they did call me once, but i was bonded to a company that time)

[email protected]

hope this helps.

subsonic69
25th Aug 2009, 06:26
for those who want to apply LAE and Aircraft Techs.

B1 License Aircraft Engineers and Aircraft Technicians | Careerjet (http://www.careerjet.ph/job/4cc7ce8924884374988b82c55d0a199a.html)