PDA

View Full Version : getting job but 7 years contract?

indian eng
6th Apr 2009, 15:39
hi guys i am really confuse about that should i take job or reject ?pls help me i am having just one day to make decision on it .these r the details

i have been offered a job by an airline which operate only dornier 228 aircraft and they will send me on course and will pay all TR cost but they want me to sign 7 years contract.

i am really confuse because dorneir i dont think i will have any future when i leave the company because no where in world right now dornier is flying.this could be good offer if i see because i am just 21 and passed out my AME licence course 1 year back and offerd a job to be AME which is something that matters to me in this bad condition of aviation because from last 6 month i am sitting jobless at home?

Sonic Bam
6th Apr 2009, 19:22
Do228 has just gone back into production, joint venture between HAL and RUAG who bought what's left of Dornier at OP. Try Google.

tech-line
7th Apr 2009, 03:44
if you want job security then i guess yeah take it but 7 years is a terribly long time to sign a contract.
The company will always have the upper hand and could treat you like a dog knowing full well that you have signed a contract for 7years and you are unlikely to be able to leave.
2 years "bond" for training is as far as one should really go anything else and the price in my opinion is too high.
Especially for somethong like the dornier 228!
Your choice after all this is just my opinion!
best of luck

blackhand
7th Apr 2009, 05:24
I would sign it. It would be impossible for the company to legally enforce it.

Blackhand

MrFixer!!!
7th Apr 2009, 12:56
I would say look into the contract details of how much money you are bonded for??? you are only 21 and if they offer you a decent wage as AME then you kill 2 birds with one stone....you become a Licensed guy and then get lots of certifying and actual signing experience. Just passing exams and studying in the college doesnt actually help much in the real world.......experience matters alongwith your aptitude. If the contract looks dodgy then let it go.....Dorniers arent something which will give you a step closer to anything else.....if it was something like any Boeings or Airbuses....then I would say do it blindly.......but end of the day its your choice mate......this is only the start of your decision making.....Good Luck!!!!

HAWK21M
12th Apr 2009, 04:30
7 yrs bond is a lot for a Course on the Do228.
Ideal would be 3yrs,as the company needs to ensure you don't quit after they have trained you.
Important is also the reducing bond criteria.....preffered on reducing monthly basis.
Negotiate the salary well,especially Net salary,Not gross.
Perks/Benefits etc too in print in the offer letter.

Current scene out here is bad,so if you have an opportunity to get an approved training, go for it.

Endorsement on the licence is important don't end up with an approval only.

regds
MEL.

SeldomFixit
12th Apr 2009, 09:59
Give then their 7 years without even blinking an eye. Just be sure it is 12 monthly, renewable at YOUR discretion :ok:

phhaseeb
17th Apr 2009, 10:49
i want to join ....

born1987
17th Apr 2009, 16:06
dude its boom air in turkey i know

Cool banana
18th Apr 2009, 06:57
Make sure you get an CPI yearly increase so that is 5 years time you not earning peanuts.

born1987
19th Apr 2009, 05:00
hi cool banana what is cpi.sorry if u felt it silly question but i really dont know its full form and just want to know for my knowledge.

subsonic69
20th Apr 2009, 12:32
its definitely up to you... but from where i came from, a wise old man told me that, "a small banana is way better than having no banana at all".

be careful though, cause 7 years is a long time. there might be openings from better companies with better ground type courses. Or maybe not. If i were in your position, I would definitely accept it. The skills you'll learn from doing your job will become handy when time comes.

Good Luck!:ok:

Cool banana
5th May 2009, 03:16
Consumer Price Index (CPI) or yearly inflation rate