PDA

View Full Version : KLM exit row/bulkhead seat

sp3ctre
6th Apr 2009, 11:26
Hi,

I am flying from AMS to JNB on 10th April, a trip which I did a few times last year. All 4 times I have flown KLM in seat 51K on the 474-400, exit row, window seat.

This time I see it is a 777-200, and so far not all seats have opened up as available. It says on seatguru that they charge 50euro for row 31 on the 777, but then again it also says they charge for exit row on the 747 too, yet each time I have snagged it.

My question is, if I do manage to snag row 10 (I don't want 31, as I like to see out the window on a long flight), which seems to have plenty of leg room, am I guaranteed that seat once I have checked in online? They say these seats only open up in the last 30h so I will take my chances, but I don't want to pay and I am concerned they may bump me to a crap seat in favour of someone who is going to pay?

At the moment I am close to the front with a window seat, so it's not too bad, but I do like the exra room if I can get it.

deltayankee
6th Apr 2009, 12:21
says they charge for exit row on the 747 too, yet each time I have snagged it.

Could be something to do with your frequent flier status. When you have a platinum or gold card the rules seem to be different. I know I have had exit rows without paying and guessed that was the reason.

sp3ctre
6th Apr 2009, 13:01
Not so sure, as I dont even have enough points to get out of "ivory class" yet... keep getting cheap flights that are not worth full points. I am guessing with the 747 that it was because those seats are restricted in that you crack your knees on the slide.... I dont really mind this though, I just like to be able to get up and down as I wish, whilst still having a window seat.