PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations North Korea:

828a
5th Apr 2009, 07:36
Congratulations North Korea, on schedule, on track and on the TV screens of the world. Well done.

828a.

Basil
5th Apr 2009, 09:32
Until, of course, they swop technology with another country with something serious to put on top of it :eek:

Dragon69
5th Apr 2009, 12:01
You are joking... right 828????

raven11
5th Apr 2009, 14:13
Dragon69...

For once we agree!!

Dan Winterland
5th Apr 2009, 16:01
Well done? The press are reporting a different story.

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | North Korea space launch 'fails' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/i/int/news/world/1/-/news/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7984254.stm)

Apple Tree Yard
5th Apr 2009, 16:09
828a, you are of course right, WELL DONE north korea......for wasting billions of dollars that you could have used to feed your starving people. WELL DONE north korea, for wasting billions of dollars that could have been used to build proper schools for your children...etc, etc. 828a, you are of course right... :mad:

Apple Tree Yard
5th Apr 2009, 19:06
Of course, you're absolutely correct. North Korea's education system is JUST like Americas. That's why the NK first walked on the moon in the 60's. That is why Apple, Cisco, Oracle, etc, etc...were developed and are based in NK. That is why we fly aircraft made in NK...etc, etc... :):bored:

Vtwin
6th Apr 2009, 01:07
Those Americans spending their own money the way they see fit, how rude. Why, how can they possibly be happy with all the suffering going on in the world....:{

Apple Tree Yard
6th Apr 2009, 02:16
oooh yes, those horrible, militaristic americans...'wasting' all those $$ on those 'nasty' weapons. Hey my friend, those same 'expenditures' assured the end of WW2, and the subsequent 50 years of relative peace in the wider world. During the 60's, when France left NATO in a huff, the French Prime Minister told the American President to 'take all your troops out of France'. The American President responded: '...does that include the 60,000 dead American troops buried in French cemetaries...? If you can't figure that out....pity you. :ugh:

( btw...i'm not American...)

SweepTheLeg
6th Apr 2009, 02:54
couldn't one also say the same about america's education program.......or lack of it?

Jizzmonkey, you're kidding me, right? You're comparing North Korea's balistic missile testing to the U.S. education system? The system which has, without a doubt, produced the most innovative economy in the 20th century? This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've read on pprune... and that is saying a lot.

Apple Tree Yard
6th Apr 2009, 03:13
the moral relativism that would lead someone to suggest any comparison between the USA and North Korea is sadly endemic of modern societies shallowness and social decay. If you REALLY believe the absurdity you posted...then god help you. :ugh:

ps. because of the primitive tribalism and lack of civility of african society...there will always be 'starving africans'. (...and for many of them, to only be starving would be a blessing...!).

jonathon68
6th Apr 2009, 03:48
North Korea is a "rocket economy". Basically their business strategy is to act like a bunch of crazy lunatics with dangerous weapons. The rest of the world will then hand over financial aid etc, to keep the NK regime quiet for the next 6 months or so.

This is pretty much same mode of operation as Dr Evil (in Austin Powers movies), except with missiles and nuclear material instead of "sharks with freaking laser beams" or "death rays". The objective however is the same. Basically to keep a dictatorship in a champagne lifestyle, for a few more years.

If States like NK or Pakistan etc were allowed to fail, then this game of international blackmail would stop. But we could possibly then have a far more dangerous situation, with nuclear weapons in the hands of people who may be serious about using them. Better the "devil you know" and can keep happy with more cash.

This is a well tried and proven strategy which has worked for various rogue states over the years.

AGNES
6th Apr 2009, 03:57
828a, I believe you just wanted to make a joke. However, you were making fun on the starving people in NK. Shame on you.

HardRock
6th Apr 2009, 04:25
The piece of junk fell into the ocean, so it really doesn't matter.

828a
6th Apr 2009, 05:17
Dragon 69, raven11 and sweet AGNES:

I'm not joking for the simple reason it's pleasing to see the North Koreans dish out a hammer blow to the Japanese psychic. They ( the Japanese ) are loathed by the Koreans which is easy to understand considering thirty five years of traumatic brutal occupation. Mark my words, the treatment of the Koreans by the Nippons has not been forgotten.

828a.

Dan Winterland:
Tha journalist who wrote what you see fit to put up on these boards is a fool. The point is that North Korea bracketed Japan with the first booster into the East Sea (no longer called the Sea of Japan ) at a location west of Japan and the second booster into the Pacific Ocean at a location east of Japan. All very very significant and much loss of face for the Nippons. Especially so when one considers all that home consumption media rubbish about shooting the rocket down.

828a.

SweepTheLeg
6th Apr 2009, 06:04
couldn't one also say the same about america's education program.......or lack of it?
Jizzmonkey, you're kidding me, right? You're comparing North Korea's balistic missile testing to the U.S. education system? The system which has, without a doubt, produced the most innovative economy in the 20th century? This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've read on pprune... and that is saying a lot.

Dragon 69, raven11 and sweet AGNES:

I'm not joking for the simple reason it's pleasing to see the North Koreans dish out a hammer blow to the Japanese psychic. They ( the Japanese ) are loathed by the Koreans which is easy to understand considering thirty five years of traumatic brutal occupation. Mark my words, the treatment of the Koreans by the Nippons has not been forgotten.

828a.

Dan Winterland:
Tha journalist who wrote what you see fit to put up on these boards is a fool. The point is that North Korea bracketed Japan with the first booster into the East Sea (no longer called the Sea of Japan ) at a location west of Japan and the second booster into the Pacific Ocean at a location east of Japan. All very very significant and much loss of face for the Nippons. Especially so when one considers all that home consumption media rubbish about shooting the rocket down.

828a.

Correction. Now the dumbest post ever.

Where else were they going to shoot the missile? West, towards China or the Middle East? North towards Russia? Or maybe south towards the Philippines or Australia? Yeah, those are all just incredible options.

Please go on a tell us some more propaganda about North Korea. Has anyone told you how effective you are at debating and soundness of your arguments? Brilliant!

Captain Dart
6th Apr 2009, 06:49
And this thread has what relevance to aviation in the Fragrant Harbour...?

ACMS
6th Apr 2009, 07:14
If some of you love and defend North Koreas so much then why do you just sod off and move there.

yes I agree, what the hell has this to do with Hong Kong's Aviation fraternity?

Cpt. Underpants
6th Apr 2009, 07:43
Indirectly, it may...

I received numerous ACARS messages from IOC advising of the launch and the anticipated debris field -

We were advised several times by TYO and FUK of the launch and the JASDF's intention to "defend itself" if necessary -

It added a few minutes to our flight time due to diversion around the flight path -

And last but not least, that sneaky little feeling in your sphincter knowing that some tinpot dictator with dodgy technology is lobbing ICBM's over your head...

I would say it's relevant.

Sleeve_of_Wizard
6th Apr 2009, 08:26
I'm so Ronery..........................

828a
6th Apr 2009, 10:22
SweepTheLeg:

My policy when dealing with unenlightened people like yourself and ACMS is not to debate the issue but rather to tell you.

828a.

ACMS
6th Apr 2009, 10:42
ahhhhhhhhhhh.........apart from effecting our flight paths that is :ok:

Dragon69
6th Apr 2009, 11:24
Interesting point of view 828!

So you are congratulating a country (one that brutalizes its own people), because it dealt a "psychic" blow against another country that is at peace now and is putting its past behind it.

Lets face it, Japan chose to stay nuclear free even though it possesses a wealth of technology. Poke it one too many times and your beloved North Korea will be turned into ash :=:=

Is that really the Asia that pleases you????

birddream
6th Apr 2009, 16:36
do you guys work in CX need to show your political view actually?

oicur12
7th Apr 2009, 03:48
"Japan chose to stay nuclear free . . "

Japan had no say in the matter at all. Given the chance, they would have nukes coming out of the ying yang.

Regards North Korea.

They do not have the money or technology to deliver nukes via missile. As one Russian expert said, NK has no reason to have nukes, but all the reason to pretend they do.

Western response is largely the result of keeping alive the NK nuke bogeyman in order to justify troops in SK to keep an eye on the REAL threat.

Anybody care to guess who that would be.

oicur12
7th Apr 2009, 04:08
Im lazy - here is a cut and paste of a post I previously put in jetblast about NK.

The whole strategy around NK has nothing to do with nukes, as I said, NK poses little threat to the world. NK is using the constant hollow threat of nuclear capability as a bargaining chip to get the US to lift sanctions and return to the table. The US is keen to perpetuate the myth of a nuclear NK in order to provide justification for military assets in SK that are needed to project power towards the real threat – China and as a staging point for conflict within the oil/gas regions of the caucuses.

As Victor Cha (Asia Director in the National Security Council) was quoted recently, “the purpose of negotiating with North Korea is not to settle anything”. I.e., the US is leaving NK on a leash and manufactures the nuclear threat when required.

828a
7th Apr 2009, 05:57
Dragon 69:

Of course I don't want to see an Asia like the one you describe. However don't blame me or people like me for the way the Koreans feel towards the Japanese. Blame the Japanese, they hung the albatrose around their own necks when they invaded Korea and procceded to brutalise the people and pillage the country for the resourses needed to start the Pacific war.
The Japanese are still very much lapdogs of the Americans but one senses they are starting to growl inside their kennel. Fortunately there is no Neville Chamberlain amongst the North Koreans. ( Kitsune to take note )

828a.

Dragon69
7th Apr 2009, 09:18
No I am not blaming you 828, but you don't really make sense. You choose to ignore the treatment of the North Koreans by its own government, and also the security threat it represents to Asia and the rest of the world in the present, but would rather focus on something the Japanese did pre-WW2.

oicur12 don't kid yourself, the Japanese are showing great restraint. They really don't have to answer to anyone if they feel that their security is threatened because of a recluse and rogue nation.

From Wikipedia

While there are currently no known plans in Japan to produce nuclear weapons, it has been argued Japan has the technology, raw materials, and the capital to produce nuclear weapons within one year if necessary, and some analysts consider it a de facto nuclear state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_nuclear_weapons) for this reason.[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atomic_program#cite_note-19) For this reason Japan is often said to be a "screwdriver turn" away from possessing nuclear weapons

It followed that if American assurance was ever removed or seemed unreliable, Japan might have no choice but to go nuclear. In other words, it kept the nuclear option available.[19] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atomic_program#cite_note-schell-18)

All it would take is a Japanese Prime Minister with the same childish mentality as Kimmy, and it would be game over for North Korea.

As far as North Korea possessing nuclear capability, have a look at Pakistan and then ask yourself whether NK would eventually possess it or not.

828a
7th Apr 2009, 12:05
Kitsune:

I'm afraid I must respectfully decline your offer as my licence is now expired.

828a.

raven11
7th Apr 2009, 22:18
I must admit I thought 828a began this thread with tounge and cheek. But after reading it...OMG!

Was it Lenin who said something about "useful idiots in the west"?

FlexibleResponse
9th Apr 2009, 12:42
"Stupid is as stupid does".

Forrest Gump has been proven correct once again!

Lowkoon
10th Apr 2009, 05:25
Can someone let China and North Korea know that the space race was won by hollywood in the 60s? Now how about diverting some of the trillions wasted on these attempts to enter a race 40 years too late to cleaning the air maybe? Oh I forgot, they are 'developing' so they cant afford to clean the filthy pollution, the rest of the world keeps forgetting. Too busy developing a trillion yuan space program it would seem.