PDA

View Full Version : Egypt air recruitment

NZGYPO
4th Apr 2009, 10:11
Hi, i was just wondering about recruitment into EgyptAir, I have been trying to locate its website for quite a while now but got no where. :ugh:
I was wondering in regards to its employment policies, i.e. hour requirements, minimum age, if it requires a degree and of course how to do it.
Also what the airline is like in terms of how it treats its employees.
I also have a New Zealand CPL and a frozen ATPL so was wondering how i can convert that to an egyptian one.
Any replies to this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/embarass.gif

alpha-b
4th Apr 2009, 23:35
Hey flyers.I'm looking for a friend flying in Egyptair on 738 Anybody wanna pm me as I can't disclose its name on a private forum.Regards

msr001
5th Apr 2009, 00:42
I'm sorry but the fact is that EgyptAir only hires locals. Plus it's not a great package to save on especially if you plan on sending money home.

NZGYPO
5th Apr 2009, 05:20
I am a local though. I have an Egyptian passport and my family lives in Egypt. I was just wondering because i wanted to know if it is worth trying to get a job in Egypt or better to stay in New Zealand or Australia.

msr001
5th Apr 2009, 12:04
What are your options, do you have an offer in NZ or Australia? Do you have any experience on type?
Any way applying to EgyptAir is done in person not online. What we hear is they will be hiring again next JUL~AUG maybe your family here should keep a look out for the next add which is usually in the Friday newspaper

NZGYPO
5th Apr 2009, 12:22
No i do not really have any offers at the moment, i just recently finished my CPL and MEIR, So it is either i stay in New Zealand and take the instructor route or do some flying in remote areas such as Australian outback. So I'm just wondering about jobs in Egypt and their requirements. Will definitely let my family keep a lookout though, This is of course in Al Haram newspaper right.

Thank you smirnovoleg85 i'll make sure to get in touch with him.

NZGYPO

msr001
5th Apr 2009, 12:34
Well in that case its defenitly worth to come to Egypt to start your professional career as they do not require an type rating or hours they provide full training from zero hours so its quite shorter than the CFI route.....

But be prepared to sign a 7 year bond with a huge fine. Also you have to live with the fact that you cannot leave untill your contract is over because they wont give you your credentials.

skygod
6th Apr 2009, 20:31
My advise to you,dont waste ur time in Egypt. They make life so difficult in the CAA over there in Cairo. When u arrive with a licence from the UK,FAA or CAA they make it seem like u just landed from space.
Its so complicated, and u have to go upstairs and kiss some....sss of those ex Airforce guys to get every document signed.
The Medical is also very complicated, theres a famous lady over there, shes a pshycologist. She will definately fail u the first time. She told a frnd of mine who did his licence is South Africa "choose another Career". He left Egypt finally never to return. She told him hes got Brain cancer. Hes flying today,and perfectly normal guy,in another airline outside Egypt
They just dont like pilots that are young, and got the licences from other countries. The make u feel like u never went to flight school.
You need to have lots of patience,if you wanna go through this process. Gud luck,and i hope this guides u in the right direction..

Happy Landings
skygod:D:=

Flyman35
24th May 2009, 07:35
From my point of view I think you should come to Egypt and try hard to be type rated of one of the famous Jet types because in any country they will require at least 500 hours on type plus ATPL,but here you can join with a zero hours on jet ,and Egyptair is not that bad, also if you have some money you can offer to self sponsor your type rating as a lot of private companies here with a little connection may consider you, nowadays I see there is a real need for pilots in Egypt. so good luck and please don’t hesitate to ask for any further explanation.

FlyingGost
24th May 2009, 22:14
Hi NZGYPO, before you even consider working in egypt you first have to go and pass their medical which is a pain in the :mad:. It takes about 2-3 days to get it done, thats if you pass. Secondly before you get your conversion done it will take months, they are just bloodly too slow in doing things. Well egyptair will be employing very soon, so if u wanna give it a shot you better start now before its too late, cause i heard after this recruitment their doors are gonna be closed for 2 years.
If you need any more info PM any time

Well which you all the best.......

chrislikesblue
25th May 2009, 06:12
I guess if there is really big need for pilots they would consider also foreign pilot?

poina
23rd Jun 2009, 18:30
NZGYPO,
I flew with many Egyptians (great people by the way) at Saudia and they always inferred that there were always some jobs around if you knew the right people, like everywhere. Seems like new charters popping up every time I was in Cairo, and all the guys who went back seemed to find something. Good time to kick around now with the tourist season in full swing. Good Luck

Aviation-dreamer
15th Apr 2011, 20:54
Hi All i'm mohamed , i'm aviation dreamer , i'm collecting data about the CPL in cairo so i found EAA , can any egyptian pilot or first officer or student in cairo send me his email or mobile phone will be very thankful , i'm in need of answers for my question. thanks

Lily_pilot
14th Jun 2011, 15:17
hey there .. my advice to you aviationdreamer.. go and study aviation in the USA do alot of we researches and shop first.. coz you know there is alot of academies out there and you have to look for the best.. but Aviation school in egypt .. is to pricy for no reason.. good luck;)

ahmed777
15th Jun 2011, 21:39
Hi
egypt air only recruit pilots with egyptian nationality

samehvolta
18th Aug 2011, 10:13
hi guys i'm from egypt but to enter the academy in egypt related to aviation is so difficult wat can person do to become a pilot or even a technician in egyptair