PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow New Boys

Spotter
5th Jan 2001, 23:59
Or Girls!

Following on from a few threads about people about to be based at GLA. I've heard a few new voices on the radio recently. (BMA Saab, LOG DH6 & SH36)

How's it going? I expect you have plenty on your minds at the moment, but if you fancy meeting up with some of us from ATC for a few social drinkies I'm sure it could be arranged.

You're also very welcome to come across to the tower almost any time for a look round & chit chat. Just drop me a line on here or email, or phone the tower.

flying dutchman
6th Jan 2001, 00:17
Hi spotter

Happy New Year to all the boys and girls in ATC GLA. Will take you up on that visit to the tower. I've got some leave in two weeks so will fit the visit in during this time. Although not a new boy at LC its been a while since I've visited the tower so see you soon. :) :) ;)

------------------
I fly, therefore I'm happy!

10W
6th Jan 2001, 18:56
Some people were looking to have a drink or two in GLA in this thread.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum50/HTML/000192.html

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Stampe
7th Jan 2001, 21:44
Be delighted to come and see you early next summer when our 738 migrates in from its winter Canaries base for our summer sojourn in GLA.Did arrange to visit last summer after a telephone chat with one of your female ATCOs. but some how I didn,t make it happen.Anything to get out of the airport Post House hotel "Alcatraz" where we stay for our 5 day stretches!!.

Wheels Welded
7th Jan 2001, 22:03
Spotter.

Firstly, a Happy New Year to you and everyone else in ATC. I'm the new voice on the DHC6. Must say that I'm enjoying being at GLA very much and would like to take you up on the invite to the tower and of course, more importantly, meeting up for a beer or three!

Drop me a line on e-mail and we'll sort something out.

Cheers!

Spotter
9th Jan 2001, 00:34
Thanks for the replies folks.

Flying Dutchman: Just give us a call.

Stampe: I wondered what the 738 was up to, haven't seen it in ages. Here's looking forward to the summer.

10W: thanks I didn't see that one.

Wheels Welded: e-mail on the way.

Anyone else?????

Stampe
9th Jan 2001, 00:49
Ah we still visit on a Thursday afternoon arriving about 1400 from LPA the only UK flight we do all week seems positively a short flight compared to the Scandawegian flying but of course they are only single sectors.LPA-GLA-LPA is the only there and back rotation we do all week. Still all day flying , Norwegian cabin staff and the Canaries by night!!.See why the GLA Post House is a bit of a let down!!.