PDA

View Full Version : Actual recordings of the TSA interrogating someone

Sunfish
3rd Apr 2009, 21:35
Actual recordings of the TSA interrogating someone over the fact that he was carrying around $4700 in his hand luggage. Not a great advertisement for America.

I feel for anyone who has to deal with these people on a daily basis.

A cynical mind might question how many bombs might get on board a plane while they grill a guy over less money than many take on a Las Vegas vacation, but maybe the terrorists have made exploding cash!

Would it be too much to have these people focus on Transportation Security as a priority? Under what justification can they possibly care about some cash?

At least the guards' minds are not clouded with any troublesome concepts of what "Freedom" or "the law" might mean!

Steve Bierfeldt, member of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty was detained by the TSA for possessing about $4700 cash. Unbeknownst to the TSA goons, Steve recorded the entire encounter.

Here is a television show on the incident.
YouTube - Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMB6L487LHM)

Here is the entire recording.
YouTube - Secret recording of TSA threatening passenger Part 1 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpzVPmih0)
YouTube - Secret recording of TSA threatening passenger Part 2 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWSmyG4XPU)
YouTube - Secret recording of TSA threatening passenger Part 3 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWz0gi2thEM)

infrequentflyer789
3rd Apr 2009, 22:15
A cynical mind might question how many bombs might get on board a plane while they grill a guy over less money than many take on a Las Vegas vacation, but maybe the terrorists have made exploding cash!

And also question why they were unable to detect a hidden electronic recording device while searching someone they considered suspicious...

downwindabeam
3rd Apr 2009, 23:52
It's time they got rid of this god forsaken organization.

411A
4th Apr 2009, 02:13
Some folks can get all wound up like a cheap watch...similar to this scenario.
Hint.
The guy was a TV 'news' plant, and went looking for trouble...IE: a story.
Similar to NBC putting small explosive charges on the underside of SUV's to get 'em to roll over better.
Only the gullable get taken in.
Any takers?:E

DownIn3Green
4th Apr 2009, 02:39
I've personally carried more than $60,000 CASH into MIA coming from Europe.

I declared it, the customs guy looked at me funny, took me to a private inspection room, counted the cash, asked a few non-offensive questions about why I had that much on me, filled out a few simple papers, made a notation in my passport (when you leave the US you have to prove you're taking said cash with you), and I was on my way.

Of course this was in the pre-TSA days, and I was coming in...didn't realize there was a limit on what you can take going out...

2PWRR
4th Apr 2009, 03:19
I also have come into the USA with large amounts of cash ! it usually takes less than 1 minute, what's the money for, where are you going have a nice day .

If the guy had answered the question in the first place there wouldn't be a story .

20driver
4th Apr 2009, 03:25
The sad thing about the tapes is you realize these TSA " cop wanna bees" are really totally clueless numb nuts on power trips. Pretty clear from the guys language right out the gate. First intelligent question the guy is asked and all he can do is swear? That sort of language is a tip off to either " I don't know and I'm pissed you have caught me out" or " I do know and you have me nailed"

First time in a long time I have agreed with anything on Fox. TSA are rent a cops, no better that mall security.

Sad thing is you wonder how this would have gone down if the tape was not there.

20driver

Intruder
4th Apr 2009, 03:52
I also have come into the USA with large amounts of cash ! it usually takes less than 1 minute, what's the money for, where are you going have a nice day .

If the guy had answered the question in the first place there wouldn't be a story .
There's a BIG difference between you and him: He was NOT coming INTO the US -- he was already IN the US! While there are some restrictions about carrying over $10K INTO the US, there is NO such restriction on carrying cash WITHIN the US!

The TSA guys were totally out of line. I hope they all get fired AND prosecuted!

20driver
4th Apr 2009, 04:58
There is a big difference in coming into the US and dealing with CBP and the TSA which is basically bus security. The rules on bringing cash into the country are clearly stated laws and CBP agents are law enforcement. Where is there a sign at security screening that says you have to report cash?
This incident exposes these bozos for what they are.

20driver

golfyankeesierra
4th Apr 2009, 05:56
Is this getting a lot of media-attention in the US or only limited to pprune?