PDA

View Full Version : Ezy Jumpseat Edi-Ltn 8/1/01

Chocks Wahay
4th Jan 2001, 18:47
I am Easyjetting Edinburgh to Luton on the 0915 on Monday 8th Jan, and back on Thursday. As part of my cunning strategy to motivate myself to get on and do the ATPL groundschool I would like to humbly beg for the privilege of occupying the jumpseat. I will ensure that maximum deodorant is in use, and will try not to sneeze on your breakfast, as I gaze in awe at the superior piloting skills being displayed, and daydream about joining the profession one day. I promise not to make daft comments about how it's just like the Cessna I normally fly, or how easy it is on MS Flight Simulator. I realise it's a lot to ask to have someone let you watch them work, so in return I would be glad to welcome you into my office where you can sit quietly by my desk as I press buttons on a PC all day.

Knold
4th Jan 2001, 21:56
Yes?
Are you thinking aloud?
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Chocks Wahay
6th Jan 2001, 03:40
Speedbird 2946 - Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Knold - Helpful as ever, you're an inspiration to us all.

Knold
6th Jan 2001, 04:23
Why thank you, I was merely interested in what triggered the beginning of this tread. It might have been something I missed…

Rollingthunder
6th Jan 2001, 16:25
If it's a frosty morning, bring along a couple of 45 gal drums of de-icing fluid. It might provide some leverage. :)

Chocks Wahay
6th Jan 2001, 22:43
Knold - merely trying to worm my way up to the pointy end of Stelios' fine Boeing aeroplane. After having done very little flying in the last 3 months (as P1 at least, plenty as pax) I could do with the motivation - I'm beginning to forget why I started all this at times!

Rollingthunder - de-icing fluid, there's a thought. Not sure where I would get 45 gallon drums of it, but Halfords do a nice aerosol one - would 1000 of them do the trick? Or maybe a flask of my wife's home made soup for the crew, seeing as they don't (afaik) serve meals on the world's orangest airline.