PDA

View Full Version : Fly Navy

Nightflyer
31st Dec 2000, 20:58
Check out http://www.consumptionjunction.com/crazycrap/view.asp?ID=2934

CrashDive
31st Dec 2000, 22:30
If true, I'll bet the CO was duty bound to give the pilot 'tea & biscuits' - but that said I'll also bet that he too has a copy of this photo on his desk - at least I hope he does !

Ps. Do you know, I haven't seen a 'Fly Navy' car sticker for absolutely years - shame - top chaps !

doubledolphins
31st Dec 2000, 22:52
Fly Navy, Dig Army, Eat Crab (If my last Nimrod sortie was any thing to go by.)I am afraid you will not see these stickers any more because of the on-going security problems. Happy new year to all shades of blue. Oh, and brown as well!

4Rvibes
1st Jan 2001, 00:51
The last time I saw a Fly Navy sticker it had been prefixed by the grafitti "I'd rather eat sh**e than"!...Without the asterisks of course. Oh how we laughed.

[This message has been edited by 4Rvibes (edited 31 December 2000).]

Chopperpuke
1st Jan 2001, 01:58
I suppose I'm only rising to a predictable fly, but nonetheless 4Rvibes, you should be aware:
There are only two sorts of pilot, Naval Aviators - and the rest. Can't imagine which genus you belong too!

Well said, Doubledolphins. Even to the light blue variety.

[This message has been edited by Chopperpuke (edited 31 December 2000).]

GICASI
1st Jan 2001, 07:45
Happy New Year everyone (whose New Year started a few hours ago).

Chopperpuke,

You sound like the 'legend in own lunchtime' sort. I can hear you saying 'Fly Navy, feel a man'.

30% Land, 70% Water, 100% Air.

old-timer
1st Jan 2001, 15:17
cool pic', but I still prefer sea-furys...

(I guess he got a wave off !!!!)

these guys who dont believe navy pilots are best should try a carrier approach
at night time in bad Wx.... that'll teach em'
a thing or two !!!)

keep your glass wet, but your feet dry !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :-)

looking good
2nd Jan 2001, 16:08
or could it be that the Navy pilots are the same standard as everyone else only they have had an opportunity to do a carrier landing in bad weather!

RW-1
2nd Jan 2001, 19:24
Heck, ok, skip the bad weather.

Condition Zebra (minamil lighting on the boat) No moon ... Still a thrill, worse than the missions.

------------------
Marc

Out Of Trim
3rd Jan 2001, 04:32
Yeah Well, When we get a real Aircraft Carrier again perhaps we'll believe that Navy pilots are as good as those in the RAF..
:) ;) :)

Bally Heck
3rd Jan 2001, 22:20
Hmmmm. Just looking at how the vapour is forming above the port wing. Looks like fag smoke to me. Anyone else think it's phony?

CRP5
4th Jan 2001, 00:55
MIL pilots.......... To$$ers

Groundgripper
4th Jan 2001, 01:23
Bally Heck,

I think quite a few people came to the same conclusion as you when this picture first appeared on PPRuNe a few months ago.

patrickal
4th Jan 2001, 01:58
It's a great picture that just don't fly! My guess is that the picture of the aircraft is a cut an paste from a picture that was taken from the airboss's position on the island, looking down on the deck. From that position, an aircraft that had just landed could be passing over the aft catapault position, which would explain the steam venting over the left wing and from under the rear of the right wing. Also, from the angle of his turn and his position just aft of the LSO's platform, his turn is going to take him across the deck, which his right wingtip is not going to clear. But this is all just my humble opinion and I still think it's a great picture.

DouglasProtractor
4th Jan 2001, 04:03
There there CRP5 so you didn't pass the aptitudes, never mind just stick to 30deg of bank and ask the nice cabin crew to bring you a refreshing cup of tea......

PiperCub
4th Jan 2001, 05:15
AND....do on an old straight deck !!!

------------------

CRP5
4th Jan 2001, 23:47
Sorry douglas old boy just trying to have a bit of sport.....would'nt read to much into it old score!(Been their done it did,nt like the uniform).

ehwatezedoing
5th Jan 2001, 00:37
-"Another missed approach !?" :)
-"Right!....I will not freeze the sim this time!"

a_random
9th Jan 2001, 03:45
It must be fake - would the chaps on the deck standing calmly by while someone does that to them? Also it is sitting at low energy (wings forward) and I can't see it having the rudder authority to knife edge at low speed. I wouldn't like to accept height loss there!

On the other hand, the scale looks right looking at the heads, and it makes me think 'that's a f@@@ing big aeroplane to land on a mobile aerodrome'.

If you detractors think the Navy are not the best pilots, ask the infantry who they would choose to pick them up if in the poo. The customer is always right (OK, I am Ex-RN, failed aircrew flying Seakings. Easiest to say I failed to be the best! But my brother would agree with the above, and he's a para)

PS Crashdive, if you do see a 'Fly Navy' sticker and it's on a blue Punto Turbo, get away. He drives like a nutter!

[This message has been edited by a_random (edited 08 January 2001).]