PDA

View Full Version : B2 Work Sheet Certificate

h3dxb
3rd Apr 2009, 14:16
Dear all

A colleguage approched me with following question:
Can I with unrestricted B1.1 on A330FAM A340FAM sign him the from UK CAA required worksheets for a B2 linear extension on A330FAM/A340FAM?

From my point of view I can sign him all required LVL2/3 which I hold except his avionic stuff ....

Any inputs ??

THX

spannersatcx
4th Apr 2009, 07:41
best bet is to look at the elgd documents at caa website.

which form is he asking you too sign?

Sonic Bam
5th Apr 2009, 08:47
For me, over-signing somebody's worksheets / engineer's log book entries is you verifying that the person has carried out what they have recorded as carrying out and that the person is competent in the task they have recorded.

IMHO, the best person to do the over-signing is the licensed engineer who worked with that person and certified for the work.

The UK CAA Personnel Licensing Department definitely scrutinise worksheets / engineer's log book for the required jobs and experience but whether they check the licence of the people over-signing entries, I don't know. It may be that PLD expect the people signing block 13 (Assessor's Certification and Evaluation) and block 14 (Referee - normally the Quality Manager) to have checked the validity of the worksheets / engineer's log book entries.

h3dxb
6th Apr 2009, 00:53
Thanks Gents.

The required forms are practical training worksheets.

Thanks for the input

spannersatcx
6th Apr 2009, 19:58
Can I with unrestricted B1.1 on A330FAM A340FAM sign him the from UK CAA required worksheets for a B2 linear extension on A330FAM/A340FAM?
As you are not an approved assessor then the answer is no, see elgd doc A17.2.

Sonic Bam
7th Apr 2009, 11:31
Spanners
Sorry - I have to disagree. My take on it is that the "approved" assessor is needed to sign block 13 of the application form, not for over-signing worksheets. ELGD A17.1 and A17.2 are the usual shade of greyness that allows interpretation either way and hence could be "debated" either way with the authority.

Another way to look at it, in a medium or large organisation, is it practical to have multiple names listed in the MOE or applying to the authority for approval for the over-signing of worksheets?

Also, if you dig deeper into what is required to be an "approved" assessor, you will find EASA and the CAA contradicting each other and themselves in different documents.

MrFixer!!!
7th Apr 2009, 12:37
The answer is YES. As a Full B1.1 on the Types, you can sign for B2's experience. To be more clear look into the CAA website but just for simple clarity...... as a B1.1 you can sign for any work performed in Avionics as long as it DOES NOT require using any special Test Equipments. As long as you use the MCDU/CFDS/BITE testing you can sign for it !!!! Hope its helpful!!!

h3dxb
8th Apr 2009, 09:10
tHANKS MRFIXER

I was thinking the same.
Than I've to take the rolling stamp now ;-))

Rgds