PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Landing At Heathrow!!!

BSmuppet
3rd Apr 2009, 10:33
In the event that a passenger on an a/c gets ill, like chest pains ( whilst the a/c is in the holds for arrival into Heathrow), can the a/c be let out of the hold and go straight in for landing?

If so, does this balls up the other a/c on a approach, a/c being told to return to the hold etc? Just something that interests me.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Apr 2009, 11:27
Another totally stupid thread.

Answers: 1 Yes. 2 No.

BSmuppet
3rd Apr 2009, 11:57
Whoa. I thought this was the place to ask questions of interest. No need to call it stupid.

I'm not on midway by the way.

Nicholas49
3rd Apr 2009, 12:26
What do you think mate? Do you think it is possible that someone (who's a bit shaper than you) has thought through your little scenario and that there's no question of "ballsing" anything up?

Yes, this is a forum for questions, but not unintelligible drivel written by halfwits like you.

Can't wait for Rainboe to read this question.

BSmuppet
3rd Apr 2009, 12:39
What is wrong with people. i see good/bad questions posted here all the time and they never get responses like this.

What is wrong with my question? I was hoping someone would say what the procedure may/might be. Perhaps a pilot who indeed did have this scenario may perhaps give us a little anecodote like what usually happnes on this thread. Perhaps someone may say that there is an "emergency" approach path that is always clear and allows an a/c to leave Lambourne (for example) and fly straight in.

gosh.

captain_flynn
3rd Apr 2009, 14:12
I think it was the way you asked the question and the title.
I have to say reading the title gave me the impression there was some kind of emergency landing at LHR today, then having read your topic quickly realised it was a question regarding medical emergencies. :}

deltayankee
3rd Apr 2009, 14:16
I think it was the way you asked the question and the title.

...and also the triple exclamation mark. We normally mark questions with one of these: "?".

Miles Gustaph
3rd Apr 2009, 14:24
Then why didn't you ask that in the first place?
It's a bit more of a question than the Muppet question you first asked with a statement tag-line.

The fact that you even asked "What is wrong with my question?" sets you up for a ribbing well good and proper; just think about it, and for example, upwards of 61million people pass through Heathrow every year... does that not suggest that medical emergencies are probably a fairly frequent occurrence at an airport?

Miles Gustaph
3rd Apr 2009, 14:30
Dear me! BSMuppet your having one hell of a day ain't you!

Gentelemen he's just posted this on another thread as a question:

"I'm sorry for posting this new thread. I'm sure in time it will get merged into the main thread but I needed a cheeky way of getting some immediate answers.

Is it true that oxford cadets walk around with their uniform on when going to sainsbury's/tesco's etc and sometimes, they swap their original epaulets for gold 4-bar Captain ones from Transair?

This isn't a wind up. I mean surely when you walk around in a smart pilot uniform, you are in that mindset to act professionally and study hard right?"

holyflyer
3rd Apr 2009, 14:34
See if this is an example that fits your query:

Air Accidents Investigation: Boeing 747-132, N481EV (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/january_2006/boeing_747_132__n481ev.cfm)

and the plane in question on short finals

JetPhotos.Net Photo » N481EV (CN: 19896) Evergreen International Airlines Boeing 747-132C by Matthew Taylor - contrails.co.uk (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=271151)

Rainboe
3rd Apr 2009, 16:59
Honestly- there goes the neighbourhood! They let any old idiot in now. Even ones that pull stupid tricks to get 'their' precious thread priority attention.

Tacky. Evidently with an axe to grind as well. Best ignored.

smudgethecat
3rd Apr 2009, 17:14
Muppet by name muppet by nature it would appear, what a crass question, you really do need to get out more old chap

classicwings
3rd Apr 2009, 18:27
I totally agree with the responses to the initial question on this thread; it is certainly rather irritating to read how the query was composed in a rather hap-hazard manner without any great deal of thought. I certainly couldnt see a CAA report on such a scenario refering to an incident as a 'balls up'!!.

Remember- there are plenty of ATCO's and retired ATCO's with a wealth of knowledge and experience within this profession who read your posts and you could well be exposing yourself to criticism from.