PDA

View Full Version : Rats from a sinking ship @ Jetconnect?

radar vectored
3rd Apr 2009, 08:29
What is going on at Jetconnect?

Chief Pilot/Ops manager recently resigned and headed back to Aust. General Manager announced resignation today to return to Aust to "further his career". Do they know something we don't?

Might be time to find somebody new to pay the mortgage!

topend3
3rd Apr 2009, 13:40
Skywest CEO Paul Daff to take up the head honcho role at JetConnect?

pointyendforward
3rd Apr 2009, 21:35
Does anyone know anything about the new guy? Likely to do a good job or here to 'close the doors'?

distracted cockroach
4th Apr 2009, 00:33
Aren't things being downsized with the introduction of Jetstar NZ?
What's happening to the pilots?

Rural
4th Apr 2009, 12:39
Paul Daf - commercial type roles with Qantas & Ansett. Time at Jetstar Asia before joining Skywest as CFO, quickly CEO and Director. I think the regional airline in west recently posted a first half loss and he only been their since 07.

Neeewman
4th Apr 2009, 14:28
You gotta wonder whether all the retoric about new 800's coming soon was just a ploy to keep the troops from bailing whilst they set up jetstar to do the job. crazy theory- cant spell machavallian though :}

Neeewman
4th Apr 2009, 14:31
or rhetoric :rolleyes:

rescue 1
13th Apr 2009, 06:24
Yes, its hard to understand why Mr Joyce would want two subsidiaries in NZ? :confused:

With the continuing decline in economies on both sides of the Tasman, I think we will see the continued rise and rise of Jetstar...

Wingspar
13th Apr 2009, 06:35
The whole thing looks similar to what happened in CNS.

Kangaroo Pouch
13th Apr 2009, 06:38
Yes, its hard to understand why Mr Joyce would want two subsidiaries in NZ?

Its been hard to figure out a lot of things of late:confused:

Jetconnect: Trans-Tasman ops with QF flght numbers
Jetstar: NZ domestic ops, probably code-share with QF

lc_461
13th Apr 2009, 06:47
At the moment Qantas still needs to have a full service presence over the Tasman. Most business people dont wont to fly Jokestar! I would think that while QF Mainline is around, Jetconnect or a Lower cost subsidiary will be serving routes to AKL & WLG. However with the new Qantas Domestic - we may see JC losing its edge...

blacksmoke
13th Apr 2009, 07:45
Mind you after a recent holiday in enzed, with numerous flights on "qantas", aka jetconnect, theres not really alot of difference??!!! Flights were late, one even cancelled, and the cabin crew were very very ordinary.Yes it has a few flash seats up the front, but thats about where the similarities ended.
Maybe they need some competition !!!, or better still just put qf mainline back on the tasman, and jetstar throughout the 2 islands. Jetstars not real flash, but for 20 odd dollars, its not to bad for 1 hr flights either ????

ithinkso
13th Apr 2009, 12:54
Jetstar=virgin Killer

jack red
13th Apr 2009, 22:45
Jetstar=virgin Killer Now that's the best laugh I have had today. You should put that into Jetblast on the Friday Joke thread!:D