PDA

View Full Version : predictions 2001

John MacCalman
1st Jan 2001, 19:08
Hi Y'all,

I luv this forum and have been lurking for some time so i thought it was time to contribute. I hope you enjoy these

PREDICTIONS 2001

JANUARY
After the BA Board implement all of Bob Ayling's plans he is invited back to be Chairman.

FEBRUARY
Easyjet start service between Glasgow and Belfast Harbour using a converted Stellios Rent-a-car with waterwings

MARCH
Dutch noise protesters force Schipol Airport to move offshore to Prestwick

APRIL
GO Merges with Ryanair (FR) and moves to Paris with a new designator (FROG).

MAY
To serve both Glasgow and Edinburgh with a daily New York flight Continental opts for a smaller aircraft and borrows a couple of Beech 1900Ds from Continental Express.

JUNE
KLM opens up a Virtual Low Cost Airline it has virtually no costs, no planes and no noise.
Passengers log on to a web site and just imagine they are travelling.

JULY
Pilots at United Airlines put in new wage and conditions demand - They ask that they can take their planes home with them at night.

AUGUST
In order to further reduce agents' commissions airlines decide that all costs of air travel should be treated as a tax and become non-commissionable and only the Air Passenger Duty be liable for commission.

SEPTEMBER
The trend towards sleeper seats in economy class takes a major leap forward when R**nair develops a scheme to palletise passengers and buys 2 x 747 freighters for a new intercontinental very low cost service. R**nair's head of international development Tim Levis says with the pallets they can cram in 1,000 passengers in the hold of a freighter and they don't have to feed them.

OCTOBER
In the low-fares battle a new airline British United Super Travel (BUST) offers to pay passengers to fly with them.

NOVEMBER
Prestwick Airport sold to China as a military base.

DECEMBER
Air Traffic Control privatised. Toll barriers set up at the end of runways.

------------------
John MacCalman
3CDigital.com

Mother
1st Jan 2001, 22:18
I should stick to lurking old son.

PPRuNe Towers
1st Jan 2001, 22:30
Absolute pleasure to see you here JM. For information this 'lurker' produced an award winning radio documentary on flying into our favourite old Honk Kong airport. Well worth seeking out a copy.

Having said that it's time to move this thread off to Aircrew Notices.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

John MacCalman
2nd Jan 2001, 14:02
Thanks....

And for those interested in the Hong Kong thingy... check out http://www.airlinepilots.com/Interview/KaiTak.htm

meantime... back to my crystal ball

------------------
John MacCalman
3CDigital.com