PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Pilot - European Conversion

EurCan Pilot
2nd Apr 2009, 18:24
Hello,

I hold a canadian commercial pilot's license with no Multi Ifr.

I want to end up with a JAA Frozen ATPL.

What do I have to do ?

Where can I do it ( i live in Canada ) ?

preduk
2nd Apr 2009, 18:31
Do you have the right to live and work in Europe?

sebastian_454
2nd Apr 2009, 19:43
Hey,

Where are you from? Were you born in Europe?

Anyhow,

There is a lot of info on pprune about JAA

In Canada try:

Harv's Air Pilot Training, Flight Training School JAA FAQ (http://www.harvsair.com/site/information/jaa-faq.html)

Goodluck

EurCan Pilot
3rd Apr 2009, 06:45
yes i hold a swedish EU pass

corsair
3rd Apr 2009, 08:46
Get yourself a Canadian multi IR first. It would save a lot of money. Then you can convert. You need to pass all 14 JAA ATPL exams, then conversion courses for the Commercial and and mult IR. You need to pass the JAA CPL flight test then a minimum of 15 hours conversion training for the multi IR. Most of which can be done in a sim. 15 hours is the minimum by the way. You will be put forward for the test when ready not when the 15 hours is complete. So it's important to get the best IR training you can find.

The main stumbling block are those pesky exams.

EuroFin
6th Apr 2009, 03:39
Hi,

I´m new here as Well. I´m currently doing my training in Canada...at the moment busy with CPL & Multi/IR. I´m looking forward to come back to Europe and do the conversion....and "frozen ATPL" I would be so grateful with any help what I can get to choose the right School ??! to do it in u.k is in my mind but there is so many schools so which ones are GOOD? Bristol,Bournemouth,Oxford?? etc...

Thanks for any advice!:ok:

EurCan Pilot
6th Apr 2009, 17:01
Do you have to pass all 14 exams in a row?

Say you pass exams 1 2 3 and fail 4, what happens? do you have to redo them all?

HM001
6th Apr 2009, 18:19
Exams are studied either in house or distance learning.

In UK at least it's A max of 4 attempts per exam and a maximum of 6 sittings to do them all before all 14 must be completed again