PDA

View Full Version : Question for a F/E or a mechanic, or anyone (still) flying DC8.

ATC Watcher
31st Dec 2000, 19:48
I am looking for 4 engine fuel lever top plastic buttons for a DC8-50 series ( you know the 1cm x 2cm white plastic top with a hole in it to unlock the lever, just below the throttles) I even suspect they are the same ones as on DC9s .
Doe anyone could help me with determining the part number, or to direct me with someone or a web site that could help, either in getting the part number, or getting them second hand from scrap somewhere.
( we are rebuilding a DC8 cockpit for fun, and some small bits are missing )
Thanks in advance and Happy new year with a lot of directs in 2001 !

DCDriver
31st Dec 2000, 20:36
ATC Watcher,
If you cannot get the original(white)tops to the fuel/ignition levers you can use DC9 parts, but they are black.
Good luck

The Guvnor
1st Jan 2001, 01:33
Try AAA Interair in Miami - they've parted out a fair few of the Arrow/IAL aircraft (and are breaking up some of the -50s now). Ask nicely and I'm sure they'll send you the whole throttle quadrant!

If you don't have any success let me know and I'll chase it up for you when I get over to Miami later this month.

ATC Watcher
2nd Jan 2001, 10:55
Many Thanks Guv,
Been trying their web site via Alavista ( www.aaainterair.com) (http://www.aaainterair.com)) but they apparently changed or moved. Do you have by chance their e-mail address ? I indeed intend to ask them nicely. We might need some small other bits later. you can e-mail me directly.

Thanks again and happy new Year .