PDA

View Full Version : FADEC/EEC Control Law Design

Obi Offiah
1st Apr 2009, 18:18
Does anyone know of any good books detailing turbofan FADEC control law design?
I've looked into quite a few gas turbine and jet propulsion books, but while they can be very detailed with regard to the turbo-machinery they all seem to lack detailed information on electronic engine control.

Thanks
Obi

flash8
1st Apr 2009, 18:36
Their was a paper discussing the Z notational form in the specification of the 744 RR FADEC... I read it at University sad git that I am. I think it may have been published by the Computing Unit (Oxford Uni). I will try and find it for you.

The Spec obviously should encompass the design.

lomapaseo
1st Apr 2009, 18:44
The engine manufacturers provide the books free of charge to their customers who take their maintenance course. probably can find one on E-Bay. I've got one someplace but it ain't handy right now. :)

Obi Offiah
2nd Apr 2009, 18:22
Their was a paper discussing the Z notational form in the specification of the 744 RR FADEC... I read it at University sad git that I am. I think it may have been published by the Computing Unit (Oxford Uni). I will try and find it for you.

The Spec obviously should encompass the design.

Thanks flash8 :ok:

The engine manufacturers provide the books free of charge to their customers who take their maintenance course. probably can find one on E-Bay. I've got one someplace but it ain't handy right now. :)

This is quite surprising. The Control Laws themselves are proprietary and I would have thought would be closely guarded by the companies that own them, as well as most other data that reside in the 'black' boxes. I am looking for as much detail as possible even from general sources, nothing specific to an engine type. If however this info is available (engine specific) and isn't a problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Obi

lomapaseo
2nd Apr 2009, 18:48
This is quite surprising. The Control Laws themselves are proprietary and I would have thought would be closely guarded by the companies that own them, as well as most other data that reside in the 'black' boxes. I am looking for as much detail as possible even from general sources, nothing specific to an engine type. If however this info is available (engine specific) and isn't a problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Obi

Ah I was too general in my read and missed the word "law"

I was relating only to a mechanics understanding.

Obi Offiah
2nd Apr 2009, 21:42
Ah I was too general in my read and missed the word "law"

I was relating only to a mechanics understanding.

No problem lomapaseo, I'm sure the maintenance pubs make for interesting reading.

Obi

Obi Offiah
7th Apr 2009, 11:50
Hi, flash8

Any news on that paper?

Obi

flash8
8th Apr 2009, 17:19
obi
Sorry been busy but will pm you when I find something!
flash

Obi Offiah
10th Apr 2009, 08:46

Obi